Euro 2012 Discussion

Mooche

Reaction score
It's going to be interesting to see what Cesare does to pull the strings for this match.

We absolutely need De Rossi and Chiellini. Abate would also be a very nice touch for the game as he has looked amazing this tournament, and his support down the wings has been outstanding.

If we are healthy in the starting XI, I want to see us roll with the 3-5-2.

Let's clog up the midfield and employ the game plan that we used against Spain. Germany as strong as their midfield is, isn't as precise with their passes compared to the Spainish, so we have to force them to make mistakes and capitalize.

If Italy can weather the German storm early in this game, we will be fine.

TTN2810

Reaction score
I'm glad Schweinsteiger is ready to go. Would have been a big loss. Kroos is good, but he's no Schweinsteiger. And I really hope Klose starts over Gomez. Klose's movement really opens things up for Ozil. Gomez needs to be set up, but Klose can do things on his own and make it a lot easier. I'd like to see Reus start again too, his energy was a big boost too. Also, the Italian coach is already using excuses lol, saying Germany has the advantage because they had more time to rest. 4 days is plenty to rest up for the Italians. If it isn't, that's sad. Either way, if they were to win, they'd only have 2 days to rest before the final, so they better not be tired on Thursday, or else they'll be dead on Sunday lol.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Also find it funny that Pirlo thinks the German's are scared of them lol. They need to stop talking and just let the performance speak for itself.

Mooche

Reaction score
Also find it funny that Pirlo thinks the German's are scared of them lol. They need to stop talking and just let the performance speak for itself.
Pirlo didn't say anything wrong..He also praised Germany and said they will be a much more difficult opponent than the "cautious" English team. Which he's obviously right about.

Italy has always been the thorn in the Germans side in major tournaments. Germany has never beaten Italy in a meaningful match on the big stage. That's crazy..

The media is slobbing all over Pirlo's performance, and rightfully so, but any Italian fan knows this is nothing new. The game-plan against Italy is to stop him, but he is such a magician and is so crafty with the ball that he will set up his teammates all over the field.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Pirlo didn't say anything wrong..He also praised Germany and said they will be a much more difficult opponent than the "cautious" English team. Which he's obviously right about.

Italy has always been the thorn in the Germans side in major tournaments. Germany has never beaten Italy in a meaningful match on the big stage. That's crazy..

The media is slobbing all over Pirlo's performance, and rightfully so, but any Italian fan knows this is nothing new. The game-plan against Italy is to stop him, but he is such a magician and is so crafty with the ball that he will set up his teammates all over the field.
You're right, he didn't say anything wrong, but to say Germany's scared comes off as a bit ignorant, in my opinion, but I guess he's allowed to be, since he is Pirlo.

I'm super excited for this match man, it's going to be a good one.

Who do you think wins tomorrow?

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You guys are getting me even more excited for the game now :)

Mooche

Reaction score
One thing I will say about the media in Europe is they skew a lot of what the players are trying to say in their interviews. Cassano was asked some question about homosexuality in an interview (pathetic somebody would ask that..) and he made a joke about it with sarcasm laced in it, and the papers beat him down completely. It's really sad. Just take some things carefully from these reporters.

Nah, I just don't think he said anything that bad. Germany really wanted to play England and hoped they knocked us off. Can you really blame them? England is absolutely pathetic.

I got Spain. It just comes down to Spain controlling the complete tempo of the game with their short style of passing and owning the midfield. That's how I see it. Portugal is going to need to cash in on their chances they have, and they have to hope the big-time Ronaldo shows up.. We'll have to see.

TTN2810

Reaction score
If Ronaldo shows up it's going to be a fun one. I'm picking the upset though. Spain is great, but I don't think they've been as good as they should be with all the guys they have. They haven't been as sharp as they should be IMO. I'd love to see them fall tomorrow. And yes, there is some bias in the prediction lol

Mooche

Reaction score
If Ronaldo shows up it's going to be a fun one. I'm picking the upset though. Spain is great, but I don't think they've been as good as they should be with all the guys they have. They haven't been as sharp as they should be IMO. I'd love to see them fall tomorrow. And yes, there is some bias in the prediction lol
I read online what somebody said.. and I thought it was to true. Spain is the Muhammad Ali of soccer. They will feel your strategy out, and pow, late in the game they get that goal. Spain always scores later.

It'll be interesting. Ronaldo is the key to everything in this game.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Vamos Furia Roja. European Champions and World Champions, itll be a tough match against Portugal but Spain will play effectively today and their better defensively that what they get credit for. Spain is very good at adapting to different styles, Portugal has speed but it will be a good matchup for Spain.

TTN2810

Reaction score
How do the refs miss that handball?! It CLEARLY hits his arm after his chest. I saw that on the real time feed. That's a huge game changer. Portugal should be up 1-0 right now. Too bad.

TTN2810

Reaction score
God Ronaldo. How many opportunities is he going to get, and than miss? He's got to be better than this.

Mooche

Reaction score
That was a crazy shoot-out. Both first shooters getting robbed by great saves made it super interesting.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So excited. Also nervous. Can't wait though.

Mooche

Reaction score
So excited. Also nervous. Can't wait though.
Basically my feelings... It appears as though our starting XI will be untouched with Chielini being inserted back. They will probably be sliding back to 4 defenders. De Rossi is in some serious pain from the looks of things, though.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Woke up super late, like half hour ago. Don't even know Germany's starting line up yet lol
Woops.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%