ESPN's huge season preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ESPN just released a huge season preview including a great preview of each team, very organized and nice looking, all the experts opinions and key players and predictions. Pretty good, still not done reading my Mavs one.

http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/nba/index

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
About half had Pistons at 1st in there divsion and ether 1 or 2 in the East...I'm happy with that.
And 9000+ people voted on what place they think the Pistons would be in and they had about 72% saying 1st place...

I'm out Im sleepy right now.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Randy Foye: Not really a point guard...but then again this isn't really a team.

<Censored>ing hilarious.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I like Boston's predictions, most of them know that the expectation's are Finals or bust, but they know that there's the holes and too many circumstances to make a serious finals run this season. None of those "KG, Allen, and Pierce?! CHAMPIONSHIP!!" noob predictions.

As for the Lakers, dead on. Kobe will make the team mediocre or average at best, no Kobe = Big Problems. But I really like what I saw from Bynum in the preseason, especially the game against the Fairy Queens of Cowtown. He has REALLY bulked up and is using his body like he's supposed to, he's power dunking the rock in instead of being cute and trying to lay it up. His footwork has improved too, his defensive rotation still needs work though. Unlike Kwame Brown who has one big body yet doesn't use it, he's probably the biggest and strongest sissy to ever play the game.

My bank is just like their player spotilight ; Farmar improving like he can, he's such a smart player, can make all the passes, and brings pressure on the defensive end, problem is that he fouls too much and tends to rely on his oh-so inconsistent 3-point shot. BUT if he does improve like the team needs him too, the PG spot is secure behind D-Fish. Also, when Kobe wasn't around, Farmar played like a little beast, hopefully he can play beastly with Kobe around... and when Kobe leaves.

nelsogotskillz

Reaction score
I like Boston's predictions, most of them know that the expectation's are Finals or bust, but they know that there's the holes and too many circumstances to make a serious finals run this season. None of those "KG, Allen, and Pierce?! CHAMPIONSHIP!!" noob predictions.
That's not a noob prediction, sorry.

Kevin Garnett is the most versatile player in the league on both offense and defense. When the Timberwolves had Latrell Sprewell, Sam Cassell, and absolutely no bench, they were a very dangerous team who could've won the championship if Cassell hadn't gotten injured.

Well, KG hasn't lost a step, paul pierce and Ray Allen are MUCH better players right now than Sprewell and Cassell were, and the Celtics bench isn't bad at all.

Glen Davis is proving to be a steal. Eddie House is a very good back-up point guard and may get 20 minutes a game because he's such a good shooter. Posey is a good player. Allen has a lot of potential and had many games last year where he was just as good Gerald Green.

This Boston team is scary. No other way to put it. Just last night, KG had the first of many triple doubles on the team.

This team will outrebound you, outpass you, outdefend you, and most importantly outscore you.

They haven't even reached half of their potential.

What holes in this team do you see?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I think they're success really depends on Rondo. I know they're going to run their offense through the three stars, but without consistent play from a PG they won't be able to reach their potential.

nelsogotskillz

Reaction score
well last night Rondo had 10 pts, 6 assists, and 4 steals. He's the talent.

And a point guard isn't THAT necessary for this team. With 3 playmakers, its not an issue. Bring the ball down the court, move around a little, get it to KG, have him pass it to someone on the wing for a wide open 3, or if by chance they don't double him, automatic 2 points.

That's all that really needs to happen. And if they double KG off the ball (to stop them from passing it to him), give it to Pierce, he can do the same thing.

Rondo needs to be able to 1. hit the open man on the cut 2. dribble the ball down the court 3. occasionally run the break. All things he's shown he can do. Oh and play defense, but he's well above average in that category as well.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Most of the experts say Pistons are 1-3 of the best teams in the East.

Most of the experts say the Magic are basically 4-12. Lawlz, I really don't want to hear you say the Magic are better anymore CC, cause your honestly the only one in the world who thinks this.

I LOVE this one:
SOUTHEAST: 4 | EAST: 12 One refrain we heard ad nauseam from GMs around the league in July: What on earth was Otis Smith doing giving Kobe money to Rashard Lewis? Especially with the way the NBA's economic landscape has changed? Very little depth here, and Foyle and Augustine are the centers.

Chris Sheridan (the one who said the that) said the Pistons are best team in the East as well. Very smart man.

VC15

Reaction score
Someone there had the Hawks going 42-40 and being the 6/7th seed

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Someone there had the Hawks going 42-40 and being the 6/7th seed
LMAO, that was Hollinger they have them being 7th seed. And CC seems to love this guy, he is the bigest idiot I've ever seen.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I agree with everything with Hollinger except for him saying the Rockets will win the NBA Championship.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
CENTRAL: 3 | EAST: 5 Still a dangerous team, but the days of Finals appearances are probably over. The youth of Jason Maxiell, Amir Johnson and Rodney Stuckey will help, but they'll have to be dynamic for the Pistons to contend again.

I think that is a great description...
---------------
As for the Magic -

SOUTHEAST: 1 | EAST: 4 Dwight Howard looks like a different player. And his team's ready for a big step, too. Stan Van Gundy's an excellent coach, and Rashard Lewis will be good in tandem with Howard.

SOUTHEAST: 1 | EAST: 4 The Southeast Division took a step back this summer -- good news for the Magic. Everyone's made a big deal about Rashard Lewis, but Dwight Howard's the key. If he makes another leap in his development, he'll be the East's best big man.

SOUTHEAST: 1 | EAST: 4 Best team the Magic have fielded since Tracy McGrady left town. Rashard Lewis will open things up for Dwight Howard, who appears to have developed a few offensive moves. J.J. Redick will be usable. Seriously.

SOUTHEAST: 1 | EAST: 4 I don't like the Lewis signing long-term, but short-term it's a different story. The Magic need shooters to space the floor for Dwight Howard and scoring punch in general, and he gives them both.

SOUTHEAST: 1 | EAST: 4 Not ready to say that Dwight, Rashard and Stan will be contending for the East title. The division title, though, is another matter. Orlando might even be the favorite for the Southeast crown and the top-four seed that goes with it.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CENTRAL: 3 | EAST: 5 Still a dangerous team, but the days of Finals appearances are probably over. The youth of Jason Maxiell, Amir Johnson and Rodney Stuckey will help, but they'll have to be dynamic for the Pistons to contend again.

I think that is a great description...
---------------
As for the Magic -

SOUTHEAST: 1 | EAST: 4 Dwight Howard looks like a different player. And his team's ready for a big step, too. Stan Van Gundy's an excellent coach, and Rashard Lewis will be good in tandem with Howard.

SOUTHEAST: 1 | EAST: 4 The Southeast Division took a step back this summer -- good news for the Magic. Everyone's made a big deal about Rashard Lewis, but Dwight Howard's the key. If he makes another leap in his development, he'll be the East's best big man.

SOUTHEAST: 1 | EAST: 4 Best team the Magic have fielded since Tracy McGrady left town. Rashard Lewis will open things up for Dwight Howard, who appears to have developed a few offensive moves. J.J. Redick will be usable. Seriously.

SOUTHEAST: 1 | EAST: 4 I don't like the Lewis signing long-term, but short-term it's a different story. The Magic need shooters to space the floor for Dwight Howard and scoring punch in general, and he gives them both.

SOUTHEAST: 1 | EAST: 4 Not ready to say that Dwight, Rashard and Stan will be contending for the East title. The division title, though, is another matter. Orlando might even be the favorite for the Southeast crown and the top-four seed that goes with it.
Mind showing us the other ones that have them rangeing from like 7-12?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I believe there was only one that had us out of the playoffs, I might be wrong though

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rip's just trying to act like you do with him
The Magic will make the playoffs, but if Washington played like they did last year, they'll win the division IMO

VC3

Charmander CHAR CHAR!
Reaction score
Hollinger is a complete joke. How he got his job beats me. Read what he said in my sig about Belinelli. Dude talks our of his azz...like a certain someone I know.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rip's just trying to act like you do with him
The Magic will make the playoffs, but if Washington played like they did last year, they'll win the division IMO
Indeed, I know they will make it, but they won't be 4th in the East for sure. They aren't better than Boston, Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland, Washington, and possibly Miami. They might not even be the 2nd best team in their divsion. Miami and Washington can both be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%