Eagles Throwbacks are BOSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Eagles made it official yesterday: They’ll be wearing kelly green 1960 throwbacks for their season opener against the Packers. Not much to dislike here — the helmet looks good, they’re going with striped socks, and even the Reebok logo looks better when rendered in kelly green. Well done.

A few notes:

• If you look at that last link, you’ll see that they also unveiled a mark to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the 1960 championship season (which, like so many new logotypes these days, features unnecessary beveling). It’s not clear to me if they’ll be wearing that as a patch on the throwback jersey and/or on their regular jerseys this fall. Will advise. (As an aside, it’s interesting how that design shows the old and new Eagles logos facing in different directions, which raises a question readers sometimes ask me: Why do the Eagles have their logo facing left when almost all the other NFL team logos face right? I’ve never heard a good answer for this.)

• Team owner Jeff Lurie wore that anniversary logo as a lapel pin for yesterday’s press conference. That’s Chuck Bednarik standing behind Lurie and wearing an Iggles bolo tie.

• Nice to know that the cheerleaders and mascot will also be throwback-attired (although I’m fairly certain mascots in 1960 didn’t wear jersey patches promoting local supermarket chains).

There’s video of the unveiling here. If you skip ahead about two-thirds of the way through the clip, you’ll see some cool footage from the team’s 1960 season — good stuff.

Why am I so excited? When I was a kid, the Kelly green & silver look of the 60's-90's was my favorite. I would give anything to still have my Randall Cunningham jersey back.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They are pretty nice. I actually want to see them on the field

Mooche

Reaction score
Decent. Can't get worse than those yellow and baby blue pieces of <Censored> they wore...

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Too bad Donovan Mcnabb wont be a boss wearing one...

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
those are pretty damn fly.

LT56

Reaction score
Decent. Can't get worse than those yellow and baby blue pieces of <Censored> they wore...
For sure one of the <Censored>tiest alternatives I've ever seen. The Broncos alternates were also god awful ..

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
The Broncos were the worst... Oh my God.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
My favorite of all time:

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Cunningham is a God.

Still don't understand why they make 2K covers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%