Does the NFL need to revamp the Overtime rules?

Yes/No

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
Personally just leave it how it is imo.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I say make it like college. Its much more exciting.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I used to be in favor of the NFL adapting more of a College-style overtime format...but now I don't think the NFL should change at all.

You have to play both offensive & defensive in Football & even losing the luck of a coin toss in overtime doesn't mean you have to lose the game. Put it this way...lose the coin toss and all you gotta do is play defense to get the ball back & then play offense for the win.

Not to knock the NCAA overtime rules too much...but most games go from exciting to "just end it now" once you get past the 2nd OT. If you ask me, I think the NCAA needs to adjust their overtime rules & stop letting so many games go into 4-6 OT's.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd love the college system in the NFL. I think it's much more exciting.

But don't fix it if it isn't broken.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
As much as I enjoy the college system, I dont completly agree with it. It`s like what Corso and/or Lou Holtz said that they should have teams start 10 yards farther back because they start out in Field Goal range, so they are guaranteed at least 3 points no matter what, with the exception of throwing a pick or any other sort of turnover.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
I don't think their Guaranteed 3 Points as you see, even the most accuarate kickers miss sometimes as you saw in the PSU - Iowa Game.

Especially were talking about College, most of this kids aren't that experienced

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I would agree to something that eliminates the coin toss. Maybe the team that loses the coin toss in the beginning of the game automatically has the ball in sudden death OT.

Either way, I like sudden death & I don't think 1 team having to start off on defensive isn't asking them to do anything more than play freaking football.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Exactly, I like implementing the idea of actually using defense, haha.

Sudden Death would be cool, or like a Field Goal battle :) , haha.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Exactly, I like implementing the idea of actually using defense, haha.

Sudden Death would be cool, or like a Field Goal battle :) , haha.
Well the current OT is considered sudden death....but with a time limit.

wade3

The T.O of SI
Reaction score
No. What's next, you start on the opponents 20? Lol this isn't college, just let it be.

Luke

Reaction score
I think it's perfectly fine as it is, because it's really the defense's fault if they can't stop them from getting in field goal range/scoring a touchdown.

NjNets15

@SeanDugan2
Reaction score
My proposition is not to turn it towards the college system because I believe as much as I love that system, it just isn't built for the NFL.

I think that they should adjust the overtime so that the first team to score 6 points wins the game, why?

Well having one drive to the other 35 and kicking a field goal isn't something I find good enough to prove that you deserve to win the game. If it is the first to 6 you either need:
1. 1 touchdown, in which case you flat out drove the ball all the way down the field or..
2. 2 Field Goals in which you would have to have 2 good drives down the field.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What about just continuing the game where it is once regulation expires...and keep it going until somebody scores?

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
entertainment sells.

going to the college system is very entertaining

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I would like them to implement somewhat of the college system, but it's fine as it is I suppose.

PiStoL31PeTe

Baller For Life
Reaction score
im fine with the way that they have it now. No reason to change it.

CP3_Melo

Reaction score
The OT rules ficked the colts up, and they'll fick the Cards up one day unless they change.. a ficking coin can''t decide a key game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%