DJT's 2011 First Round Mock 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cleveland Cavaliers - PG Kyrie Irving, Duke
The Cavs are in rebuild mode, they need to take the best player possible...they go with Kyrie Irving here.

Minnesota Timberwolves - C/PF Enes Kanter, Kentucky
T'Wolves need all the help they can get. They don't need a SF, they have Beasley and Wes Johnson. They go for Kanter who could be a good compliment to Love down low.

Utah Jazz - SF Derrick Williams, Arizona
The Jazz don't really need anymore PFs, but Williams can play SF. AK47 could be gone, and probably should be. Williams will be a great replacement. The Jazz really good try for a PG here in Knight or Walker, and if that happens, Cleveland will be very, very happy.

Cleveland Cavaliers - SF Kawhi Leonard, San Diego St
The Cavs could go big here, but I think Leonard is one of the most NBA ready guys. They need a SF, and Leonard fills that need. Little bit of a reach....perhaps.

Toronto Raptors - PG Brandon Knight, Kentucky
Hard pick for me here. They could go Walker, or Knight, or a big euro...but with Bargs already filling the tall euro spot on the team, I think they go with a PG. Do they really need a PG though??? They have Calderon who is decent, and Jarryd Bayless. But oh well.

Washington Wizards - PF/C Jan Vesely, Europe
The Wizards need a SG or a big to me. I think Nick Young is decent, therefore I went the big route. Vesely should be able to come in and back up McGee or Blatche nicely if he develops.

Sacramento Kings - PF Bismack Biyombo, Spain?
The Kings could take Walker, but they have Evans and Thornton now...and I think that is a good enough core. So I see them trying to get someone downlow to complement Cousins. They go with Biyombo.

Detroit Pistons - PG Kemba Walker, UConn
Do the Pistons need a PG is a deceiving question. They don't really NEED a PG, but they do NEED ANYTHING they can get. If Kemba falls this far, they have to take him. Tristan Thompson was a possibility.

Charlotte Bobcats - PF Tristan Thompson, Texas
The Bobcats could be looking at Alec Burks here, but Gerald Henderson did a fine job last season, I see them trying to fill a different need here.

Milwaukee Bucks - SG Alec Burks, Colorado
The Bucks also need a lot of help. Burks would provide a healthy SG for a change. They could go PF here, but Ilyasova is fine in my opinon. But he was plagued with injuries last season. They also drafted Larry Sanders last year.

Golden State Warriors - C Jonas Valanciunas, Lithuania
They need a center, and a SF. I think its a tad bit to early for Jordan Hamilton from Texas...so they take a big man here. And hope he fairs better than Beidrins.

Utah Jazz - C Donatas Motiejunas, Lithuania
If the Jazz don't go big with their first pick, they will most likely have to here. Donatas is perhaps the best center on the board, so they pick him.

Phoenix Suns - PG Jimmer Fredette, BYU
The Suns like everyone else will love his shooting ability. If he comes in and they haven't traded Nash away yet, Jimmer can lear a lot from Nash, probably more about running a defense then guarding someone...but still he'll learn. And going against Nash or Brooks every practice probably won't hurt his chances at getting better at D.

Houston Rockets - PF Marcus Morris, Kansas
The Suns go for a guy who can play down low and bully people on both ends. They are pretty weak at the PF spot. I see them getting someone to help them out at that spot here.

Indiana Pacers - PF Tobias Harris, Tennessee
The Pacers could use some more help down low. Harris could do that for them. He can create a lot of mismatches for them and stretch the floor. :/

Philadelphia 76ers - PF/SF Chris Singleton, FSU
The 76ers have a lot of questions about next season. Like will Iggy be traded? But they go for a player they like here, and I think they will like Singleton. He is a tough player, who doesn't like tough guys???

New York Knicks - PF Markieff Morris, Kansas
The other Morris twin gets picked up by the Knicks, who need help down low. Now they do need a center more than a PF, but there are teams going with a sort of 2 PF line up. Klay Thompson is an option here.

Washington Wizards - SG/SF Klay Thompson, Washington St
The Wizards use their other pick to increase their depth. Getting Klay Thompson provides another scoring threat to this team. If Howard and or Lewis go down again, he can step in for them.

Charlotte Bobcats - SF Jordan Hamilton, Texas
Gerald Wallace left a gaping hole in this team. Hamilton could help to ease the ache.

Minnesota TImberwolves - SF Tyler Honeycutt, UCLA
This guy could be real good. He could be the next Tayshaun Prince, either way thats not too shabby.

Portland Trailblazers - C Lucas Nogueira, Brazil
Tall, lanky, athletic, monster dunker...sounds good right? You bet...go get em Portland. Could also go with PG Reggie Jackson here.

Denver Nuggets - PF Kenneth Faried, Morehead St
One of the best rebounders in the draft. He can help grab boards. Lacks the size but he makes up for that.

Houston Rockets - PF Trey Thompkins, Georgia
The Rockets have always been iffy at the #4 spot. Yao is most likely leaving. Thompkins can help them out. He is a big guy and can bang with the other big boys.

Oklahoma City Thunder - SG Travis Leslie, Georgia
Leslie would fit in nicely with the Thunder, he is a young high-energy player. He can play along side of Harden and give Durant and Westbrook a rest, while still finding ways to score.

Boston Celtics - PF Davis Bertans, Latvia
The Celtics need to get younger. They need to bring in some bigs who aren't broken. Bertans is 6-10, and thats pretty big.

Dallas Mavericks - C/PF Jordan Williams, Maryland
The Mavs could use more depth behind Chandler and Dirk. Sure they have Haywood but who else? Jordan Williams will be a good pickup here. I don't think they need another guard like JJB or Roddy B or Dom Jones...

New Jersey Nets - PF JaJuan Johnson, Purdue
The Nets need depth at the 4 and 5. Lopez and Humphries won't cut it. JaJuan Johnson will be a solid addition.

Chicago Bulls - SG Josh Selby, Kansas
The Bulls could really use a combo type guard to help out Derrick Rose, when he needs a rest. He could also fill in for Bogans to.

San Antonio Spurs - SF Kyle Singler, Duke
Kyle Singler is a hard player, and well-rounded. He should be able to help out the Spurs. He is the type of player the Spurs would want as well. They could also look for a big here.

Chicago Bulls - SG Marshon Brooks, Providence
The Bulls could really use another scorer/slasher. Brooks could be that, but if not he has other things that could help out as well.
Got harder the later into the round it got. I got tired towards the end to...so eh.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Anybody?

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I doubt Boston passes over Johnson

and Derrick Williams would not fit well in Utah with Favors

and god do i hate that new Wiz logo

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We ain't taking Ben Gordon v2.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
we would not take kemba.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind Selby, because he could potentially be something special.

I'd rather trade the two picks though...

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I doubt Boston passes over Johnson

and Derrick Williams would not fit well in Utah with Favors

and god do i hate that new Wiz logo
Williams can easily play the 3...Favors is a 4...I see no problem especially if AK47 leaves.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Man, I'm starting to really think D-Will could somehow fall to #4, if the Jazz and Wolves draft by need. Hopefully they do.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kemba is not even as good as Ben Gordon..

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And take it from me, Gordon blows lol.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
lol he carried Uconn to the title. Ben had Emeka and CharlieV for help

and Kemba is a good outside shooter coming out, but Ben was a top 3 outside shooter.
Congratulations, he carried a UConn team to the title in a shitty year in NCAA basketball, doesn't mean he's a good NBA player.

Kemba is not a good outside shooter and never has been. He's a chucker.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Congratulations, he carried a UConn team to the title in a shitty year in NCAA basketball, doesn't mean he's a good NBA player.

Kemba is not a good outside shooter and never has been. He's a chucker.
ur mad cuz the Orange blow, and we won.

and please, show me ONCE where i said kemba would be a good NBA player.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Naw, Gordon is probably the most streaky shooter.
Like I don't even know how he ever averaged close to 20 ppg.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
being a Huskies fan, they are pretty damn equal coming out. Gordon never really could attack the basket like Kemba can
Kemba is under 6 foot, and not that athletic... His driving will be limited in the NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%