Differences on SI Coming Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well, as it has every year, the first couple of weeks of September are slow. This is mainly due to the return to school season.

As my traveling for work has increased, I have also been a little less active. Both the GMods have become less active due to life, etc. But, I have had other members step up and offer assistance, even monetary - thanks Pugz.

I am not disappointed or mad at any of this, as life always comes first.

But, like most, I look to SI as a place of "escape" or just fun to communicate with others on different topics ranging from sports to graphics.

I have 2 suggestions to take place my October:
1. Another Election to fill/re-do the staff. We will have nominations and a general election period. I highly encourage anyone interested in filling a spot to do so, but do not guarantee that all will be elected.

2. Board Awards - it's been 6 months and these seem to be a hit to those who attend. I've talked briefly to some about them and we will place a poll to select a date and time.

Some things that have been garnering interest of late has been SI Radio and the usual CT. What we need is some more members to be active in other forums and such.
All of the staff should be contributing to their section and/or the site more frequently.

What this all Means ---

SI has been around for a long time. Will be around for a long time more as long as I am in charge. I look forward to talking and posting on this site to help me wind down from work and other stress.
I'm hoping other loyal members feel the same way, and are looking forward to helping out in the future.

For now, I ask just to hold steady and loyal as these changes take place, and speak up if you have an idea/suggestion as all are listened to.. Key word "listen".. Some may stick, some may be said no to.

So, if you plan on posting in this thread, please keep positive thoughts and criticism. Do not put down other's opinion or ideas.

Thanks again for all the support and future here on SI.

Jarrod

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Within the next month I'll be in contact with you(Jarrod) about some upgrades I'm willing to put money towards. I'm also hoping that I'll be able to attend the new awards along with the next election..

I'm leaving Sunday, my plane ticket is ready so, I'll be un active for something around 2 weeks to a month.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm behind anything you guys can think of. Once I get my laptop back things will change for sure. And the FBB sim, if I'm in-charge, will be beastin'.

notorious bmx

SI's King of Rap
Reaction score
Yes and Jarrod knows I am full of brand new Ideas for SI so I will be contacting you here soon.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
Yea, Ive been really active as of late, since you said you need more activity in other forums I will try my best to contribute more I plan on posting more
-NCAA Football
-Video Games
And I tried bringing a tiny bit more activity by making a NBA rtthof
And as far as moderators go I think there should be a mod for "The Lounge" specicfally people like "The Young One" as he spends the most time in there espically the Music section I think he can make The Music Section more popular by making a daily poll
-DC

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I appreciate the thought but i'm not made out to be a mod. It should go to somebody more deserving

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I appreciate the thought but i'm not made out to be a mod. It should go to somebody more deserving
Actaully what D said is true, I was going to say that a while back and I thought that you should be the mod for that section. It's a good idea and you'd be a good mod imo.

Also thanks for the g-mod spot, when I get a computer I'll be sure to help the site the best I can.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
Yea, I'll do my best. ;) You'll see a lot more post in the other sections.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Jarrod one thing I decided to start was a CHat Room. I figured we can do it for Football, and Monday Night football. It would also be useful during Playoffs so people can like taunt each other and what not.

It's on a site called Chatzy. It's not permanent room, but i can set up a room any time I want and post link to sign on.

Im working on a site that we can use that would just have a Chat room, where people can register accounts and log on whenever they want.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jarrod one thing I decided to start was a CHat Room. I figured we can do it for Football, and Monday Night football. It would also be useful during Playoffs so people can like taunt each other and what not.

It's on a site called Chatzy. It's not permanent room, but i can set up a room any time I want and post link to sign on.

Im working on a site that we can use that would just have a Chat room, where people can register accounts and log on whenever they want.
Good initiative GMF...but wrong answer. Though it would be nice to have an SI Member chat from time to time...your talking about doing it away from the site.

We all really need to concentrate on keeping the sports chatter here at SI. Let's keep the sports-talk inside the forum.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This al sounds good, this is by far the best forum I have been apart of and I hope it continues to do well.

With that said I apologize for my inactivity, getting back into "school mode" is alot harder then I expected lol plus Ive been out searching for a job, and the ladies have been a distraction as well.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No grudges are being held to anyone at this time of the year. I just want everyone to know, SI is going nowhere and that some changes are in order by October.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Boooo to being slow.

Haha, I shouldn't be on here right now. But oh well.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
another sighting ----- see, people are just busy!!!!

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
he musta hit up a library or somewhere with free internet... lol

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
Boooo to being slow.

Haha, I shouldn't be on here right now. But oh well.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

and i guess i could try and post more. a lot of my posts are usually concentrated in the NBA/NFL sections though. and since the NBA is almost back, that should help. :p

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
well I used to have my own site. And I know when I tried installing a Chat on the page, it slowed the load time drastically. I tried dozens of things to make it work but nothing helped.
I got the idea from other forums, that create their own CHat sites. We could take similar CCS from this site and use it on the Chat site, as well as provide links on the Forum and Homepage for easy access.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
When I return from Minneapolis next week for work, we will make some announcements and begin the Staff Elections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%