Did Dave Roberts make the right decision?

What would you do?

• Pull the pitcher

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BrewCrewFan

Reaction score
Your pitcher has a no-hitter going. He's a rookie making his ML debut but is at 100 pitches in the 8th inning and just walked a guy and has has never thrown more than 100 pitches in the minor leagues and is just coming off TJ Surgery.

Was it the right decision to pull the pitcher and go to the bullpen or would you have given him a chance to get a no-hitter? Something he will most likely never have an opportunity again.

C-Dub

Reaction score
Apparently it wasn't even his call to make.

catman

Reaction score
Remember, we are more concerned about other games in the future than just one outing. Lets let the young man pitch a few more games.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
When you mentioned Tommy John surgery I made my answer.

Yes, taking him out was the right call. Most situations you would keep the player in but when it's early in the Tommy John recovery, you cannot take that risk.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Too close to Tommy John recovery. If the guy f's his arm up going after a no-no, then Dave Roberts is really taking a lot of shit today. Go ask Johan Santana if his no-no was worth it. The guy hasn't been the same since and I truly believe its because that game screwed up his arm.

Nonsense

Reaction score
I think Roberts made the right call. Sure Stripling could have continued and then give up a hit, run or even worse, got injured, then Roberts would have been criticized even more. The lesser of the evils is just taking him out like he did.

Hopesfail

Reaction score
I've seen a few places that it was a hard pitch count from the front office before the game even started. I agree with it, put the kids future ahead of a no hitter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%