Diamondbacks want Webb for less than his option

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
The Diamondbacks have an $8.5 million option on pitcher Brandon Webb and the word is that the team doesn't want to pay him that kind of salary next year so it may buy him out for $2 million, according to the Arizona Republic, and try to negotiate something better.

The team supposedly wants Webb back. He's not promising anything, though, if the team buys him out of his contract. He is not interested in a restructured deal. Webb noted to the East Valley Tribune that the older John Smoltz has $5.5 million coming to him from the St. Louis Cardinals next year and Webb feels like he is at least worth that.

There is a feeling in Arizona that when push comes to shove, the team will pick up the option but that there will be lots of talk about not picking it up before then.

Source: Arizona Republic, East Valley Tribune

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hope webb goes to a better team. He could be way more known if he was on a Big Market team. So I hope they dont resign him.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The DBacks aren't a bad team, they just need more. I'd like to see him stay on there but I really wanna see him leave the NL West o_O

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hope he goes to a team like the Detroit Tigers or some team like that. But if he doesnt stay in arizona which he probably wont he will either be on the Yanks or The Red Soxs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%