Dexter McCluster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcode

Reaction score
Tore it up at Ole Miss, he was the first and only SEC running back to ever post a 1000 yd rush and 500 rec yds in the same season. Very small, quick as a blink, willing to block, above average receiving ability and can be used in special teams if necessary. Ripped a Monte Kiffin coached defense last year w/ 4 TDs. Is he a slot receiver only? Very curious to see how KC will use him as they picked him in the 2nd with what would be considered more pressing needs. I'm guessing around 160 touches (carries/receptions), a mix of Welker, Cribbs, Hester and Kevin Faulk?

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
he will be good compliment to the ex-Longhorn

mikematt

Reaction score
ya i would expect a lot from this guy, hes really explosive.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's a slot...he'll get some wildcat reps too.

Jamaal and TJ will get the carries. Jamaal will get the bulk of carries hopefully. Guy would be like 3rd on our DC if he played rb.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Dexter is a beast, if he ran a little bit better 40 he'd of been a top-15 pick.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I heard somebody say on draft day: "The Chiefs just drafted this draft class' Rashard Mendenhall". I thought that comment was on the money. I really like what the Chiefs have coming out of the backfield right now and they've got a nice mix of experience for 2010. Thomas Jones should be the workhorse but he's on the downside of his career and where Jamaal Charles can be phenomenal on the ground, he's going to be way more effectively consistent with a speedy compliment. I like Thomas Jones to shoulder most of the immediate load, however Charles and McCluster manage to take some of that load and help save Jones' legs in long run. At the same time, Jones & Charles taking most of the touches allow McCluster to come along at a much more favorable pace & also allow Haley to utilize him in multiple spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%