Derrick Williams to enter the NBA Draft

Mooche

Reaction score
For a lot of the country, people who didn’t get to see Derrick Williams before he started shredding Duke and others in the NCAA, the Arizona forward was a revelation.

(Out here in Pac-10 country, we knew he was special. Of course, we didn’t know how good Landry Fields really was a year ago…)

So it should come as no surprise that, lockout or no, Williams is going to enter the NBA draft.

“After careful consideration and with the support of my family and Coach Miller, I have decided to declare for the 2011 NBA Draft,” said Williams. “I have enjoyed my two years at Arizona both on and off the court. I want to thank my teammates, who are like brothers to me, my coaches and all Wildcat Fans for making my experience an unforgettable one.”

DraftExpress currently has him as the No. 2 pick, behind only Kyrie Irving.

He’s very versatile — he shot 56 percent from three but can also score in the paint. He’s got NBA athleticism. You saw what he did on the biggest stage in college basketball.

He’s ready. Too bad we don’t get to see him at Summer League this year.

Please come to Toronto, Derrick.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
In my franchise, he went to Toronto.

Good decision by him, his stock is high, and it would probably drop next year when more guys will probably come out for the draft.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%