Dear LeBron James,

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZigZag

TEH GREAT ZIGGY
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So you're telling me that you're not happy with Lebron's decision b/c he didn't choose to be the 1 guy in a team sport...and because of his tattoos?

What also says Chicago would be "his team"? Derrick Rose sarcastically thanks you Zig. Still loving the label that LBJ is the "2nd best player in Miami". Anybody care to wager that Lebron's numbers are still better than Wade's?
In essence, yes that is why I'm not happy. I'm upset the with hypocrisy and the fact he took the easy road.

Derrick is a 3rd year player who's too young to have really established himself in Chicago. LeBron has 2 MVP awards and has had success in thee playoffs, not to mention he has spent over twice as long in the league. Tell me which one you would follow.

Come on man, being the best isn't just about your numbers. Looking at the numbers, you might say Wilt was GOAT. But people don't. LeBron is going to be the second option when it comes down to it and the best player doesn't settle for that. Do you think Kobe would ever choose to go to a team that has him as the second man when the clocks ticking down? Do you think Jordan would?

None of us are knocking on LeBron's talent and ability. After all the bullsh/t he's spewed--after all the sh/t he's gotten permanently put on his body--I think it's understandable for so many of us to be disgusted.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
In essence, yes that is why I'm not happy. I'm upset the with hypocrisy and the fact he took the easy road.

Derrick is a 3rd year player who's too young to have really established himself in Chicago. LeBron has 2 MVP awards and has had success in thee playoffs, not to mention he has spent over twice as long in the league. Tell me which one you would follow.

Come on man, being the best isn't just about your numbers. Looking at the numbers, you might say Wilt was GOAT. But people don't. LeBron is going to be the second option when it comes down to it and the best player doesn't settle for that. Do you think Kobe would ever choose to go to a team that has him as the second man when the clocks ticking down? Do you think Jordan would?

None of us are knocking on LeBron's talent and ability. After all the bullsh/t he's spewed--after all the sh/t he's gotten permanently put on his body--I think it's understandable for so many of us to be disgusted.
First off, LeBron didn't necessarily take any "easy road" here. The easy road on the court, okay (we'll see), but just look at the outrage and backlash from the public. Everything about the guy and that is the guy, off the court, just went up in flames, no pun intended. Although it was his decision, it wouldn't easy for anybody to sit back and watch as even your hometown is beyond renouncing your existence.

I think its also unwise to examine any Kobe/Jordan comparisons and ASSUME that they wouldn't of taken the same road LBJ just did. Both having at least 3 championships within their first 7 years in the league would lead them into free agency with a different set of priorities. Had Kobe not won a single title within his first 7 years...would he leave for some sort of "super team"...? Maybe, maybe not, but unfair to make an assumption on somebody who was never close to that position.

I just don't think this whole notion that Lebron's a vagina b/c he took a path that alleviates him of being "The Guy" on a basketball team. He spent 7 years in that role and it didn't get him a single opportunity to hoist the trophy. Can't say it was him, his stats, highlights, and individuals awards discredit that notion, so what? Keep being "The Guy" and hoping the front office can finally pull off what the fans seem to think you can invent yourself on the floor?

I'd a left too, I think most people would.

BTW CC, I'm taking a wager about numbers, not just points and shot percentages. You mean to tell me Wade's gonna outdo Lebron's defensive numbers? Outside of steals, I don't think so.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
BTW CC, I'm taking a wager about numbers, not just points and shot percentages. You mean to tell me Wade's gonna outdo Lebron's defensive numbers? Outside of steals, I don't think so.
Rebounds and blocks will naturally favor LeBron because he's bigger. Both are great shot blockers for their position (not something that's even needed but obviously a plus). I was mainly referring to points/assists.

ZigZag

TEH GREAT ZIGGY
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
First off, LeBron didn't necessarily take any "easy road" here. The easy road on the court, okay (we'll see), but just look at the outrage and backlash from the public. Everything about the guy and that is the guy, off the court, just went up in flames, no pun intended. Although it was his decision, it wouldn't easy for anybody to sit back and watch as even your hometown is beyond renouncing your existence.

I think its also unwise to examine any Kobe/Jordan comparisons and ASSUME that they wouldn't of taken the same road LBJ just did. Both having at least 3 championships within their first 7 years in the league would lead them into free agency with a different set of priorities. Had Kobe not won a single title within his first 7 years...would he leave for some sort of "super team"...? Maybe, maybe not, but unfair to make an assumption on somebody who was never close to that position.

I just don't think this whole notion that Lebron's a vagina b/c he took a path that alleviates him of being "The Guy" on a basketball team. He spent 7 years in that role and it didn't get him a single opportunity to hoist the trophy. Can't say it was him, his stats, highlights, and individuals awards discredit that notion, so what? Keep being "The Guy" and hoping the front office can finally pull off what the fans seem to think you can invent yourself on the floor?

I'd a left too, I think most people would.

I've already explained this best I can. I don't care for LeBron's bullsh/t. No one else has tatted on them "KING" and "CHOSEN ONE". That's a lot of bullsh/t for a guy that's choosing to be second rate.

NY King

Reaction score
Well I agree LeBron James is the best ATHLETE on that team, but the best team player is D-Wade. That's my opinion on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%