David Carr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arrial

Reaction score
Now the 49ers have two of the most under achieving #1 overall picks the last decade or so.

I actually like the signing as long as we can get a decent RT in the draft, they should be able to protect the QB. If Smith gets hurt, I wouldn't mind seeing Carr gets some PT.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
living in Houston, 49ers shoulda stuck with Hill

VC15

Reaction score
Carr is a fine back-up, one of the best there is. But Hill probably should be the starter instead of Smith.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Smith > Carr > JaMarcus.

Not a bad sign at all.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Carr is coming off his best year IMO

He was the worst QB to put on pads while in Carolina though...

tj#5

Reaction score
He still has talent, but the problem is he can't be getting hit. In Houston, he had some decent games, but when everyone started labeling him a bust, was at the exact time that the Texans were breaking records for the most sacks allowed. The kid has had his brain rattled a lot, and the only way that he's every going to be able to play any kind of decent football would be with a good O-Line. As for playing with the 49ers, I think he could make some noise there. I doubt he turns out to be a guy that can be a starter for them, but if Smith does go down, I think he could fill in quite nicely for San Francisco.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm glad to have the guy as a backup but I'm hoping Smith takes every snap this season lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%