Cutler traded to Bears

Status
Not open for further replies.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I love this deal simply because we finally have a QB. This also shows that the organization actually cares about winning, because over the last couple off-seasons they have done pretty much nothing to improve. It sucks that we had to give up two first round picks, but if that's the price we have to pay to finally get a QB, then so be it. Also, at least we didn't have to give up Marcus Harrison or Corey Graham like it was suggested in another thread.

We still need to get some NFL WR's, improve the OL drastically, and fix the problems we've had on defense, so this move doesn't necessarily make the Bears a contender once again.

EDIT: Orlando Pace too, FTW!

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Funny you never tried to put down Cutler with that 17-20 record playing with a crappy defense on his team when you wanted him on the Lions...
Did you read the last part of the post?

And yeah BKS, I agree. The Bears look like a much better team, but I think it's crazy to say they are championship bound. Like they were on ESPN earlier lol.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Did you read the last part of the post?

And yeah BKS, I agree. The Bears look like a much better team, but I think it's crazy to say they are championship bound. Like they were on ESPN earlier lol.
I read the first part where you tried to downplay him. If this thread is called Cutler traded to the Lions, that 17-20 record is no where to be mentioned by you.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I had no idea of that record before earlier today when they said it on ESPN.

vikesfan

Reaction score
its a better deal for denver,
but the bears just got that much better.. and we have receivers, just young ones. they'll surpise you next year, dont worry

bear down.
I always laugh when you guys say bear down. It sounds like what a hunter would say on a hunting trip after shooting a bear.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Orton played pretty well last season, I don't see why Denver would pick up Sanchez (unless they trade Orton).

Bears should sign Torry Holt and this would be the best off-season ever!

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I guess it depends on if the Broncos think he can be the real deal for them in a few years.
If not, draft Sanchez and develop him until your ready to get rid of Orton.

dcpwner

Reaction score
okay, yeah, hopefully they can catch Cutler's bullets

Orlando Pace FTW
and hopefully Chris Williams doesn't hurt himself again.
Pace may be deteriorating, but he'll be solid for 1-2 more years
We need a WR, somehow, and a non-injured SS

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
okay, yeah, hopefully they can catch Cutler's bullets

Orlando Pace FTW
and hopefully Chris Williams doesn't hurt himself again.
Pace may be deteriorating, but he'll be solid for 1-2 more years
We need a WR, somehow, and a non-injured SS
SS = Kevin Payne, we need a FS (those bums that we signed this off-season won't cut it). Maybe Danieal Manning gets another shot?

Torry Hot is a must IMO.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Well, they had the right division that he would get traded to, just the wrong team. lol.

No seriously, nice deal the bear did, and the broncos got the better part of the deal. Way to beat everyone to the punch Bears.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Cutler will now play in a much more conservative offense. Looks like the bears are starting to change their strategy.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cutler will now play in a much more conservative offense. Looks like the bears are starting to change their strategy.
Most likely true FPS. I doubt the Bears would of given up 2 first round picks & a 3rd round pick, just so Jay Cutler can hand the ball off to Matt Forte & Kevin Jones 50 times every game.

If the Bears bring in a couple of decent WRs, they can feature a pretty well balanced Offense. Forte can run & dont forget, Kevin Jones was one of the top pass catching backs in the league before he tore his leg up.

dcrosco76

Reaction score
Harrison would be a good fit for the Bears now they should go after him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%