Couture vs. Machida at 129?

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
MMAjunkie.com has confirmed that Couture has verbally agreed to face another former champion, Lyoto Machida, at UFC 129.

-Story
This cannot be serious. Randy is in phenomenal shape but Machida would destroy him. Machida is gonna be hungry for a big win as he climbs back up the title ladder and c'mon...everyone loves Randy...but he's best suited to be fighting those old, Mark Coleman-types. I was hoping we'd see one more Captain America vs. The Iceman and then both would retire.

129 is shaping up to be an epic card tho. In Toronto, expected to be the largest draw ever, GSP vs. Shields for the 170 lbs crown.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Why doesnt Couture just retire already? He has proven so much and I think its time to let it go, although his drive makes him want to fight. Cant wait to see GSP vs. Shields.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why doesnt Couture just retire already? He has proven so much and I think its time to let it go, although his drive makes him want to fight. Cant wait to see GSP vs. Shields.
Randy just has that competitive hunger that you can't hate. I think its one of those things where, at his age, his can still do it...so fuck it, he's gonna do it. I hate watching him lose this late into a great career...but he's the best over 35 fighter around.

I really, really think is a bad career move for Jake Shields. Taking on GSP in only his 2nd UFC fight!?! I know he's good but he's not that good yet. Shields should be another fight or two away from GSP...but this goes to show the lack of competition left for the Champ. Shields is a smart, technical fighter...but Jake is weak standing up and GSP has been taken down what? Once in the past 2 years?

Dizzy Darko

Reaction score
I actually like this fight. I hate seeing old legends being given gimme fights. Couture still wants to be in there competitively and Machida is on a two fight losing streak, this is a very winnable fight for him against a guy that is still a big name. Couture only wants big fights, here ya go Capt!

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
His chances of winning are really but I guess this is what he wants.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%