Could be Brodeur's last season

Status
Not open for further replies.

germany00

Preds 2013?
Reaction score
Martin Brodeur opened what could be the final training camp of his NHL career Saturday. The surefire Hall of Fame goaltender, who will turn 40 in May, is in the final year of his contract with the New Jersey Devils and is not currently negotiating a new one.

Brodeur isn't willing to say this season will be his swan song, instead opting to take a wait-and-see approach.

"This is going to be the same as every other season," Brodeur said. "I'm not going to change my approach because I feel it could be my last. I just go out there and try to have fun and enjoy the game. After that, I'll evaluate how I feel about continuing. I'm approaching this season like any other season."

If general manager Lou Lamoriello came to Brodeur with a contract for next season during this one, would Brodeur consider signing it before the summer?

"I don't know. Everything will be in front of me at one point and I'll have to make decisions," Brodeur said. "Right now, I'm not in the middle of making a decision. But who knows if something is brought up to you, you put it in your head and see how you feel and make your decision then."
it'll be sad to see a goaltender who was at one point un-stoppable, retire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%