Contract Extension on the Table for Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.

VC15

Reaction score
Contract Extension On Table For Howard

Apr 29, 2011 3:56 PM EDT

Orlando Magic President of Basketball Operations Otis Smith said Friday that the organization has offered superstar center Dwight Howard a contract extension, but Howard said he hasn’t seen it.

“The extension is on the table,” Smith said.

That extension is believed to be for two seasons.

Howard can become a free agent following the 2011-12 season.

Smith, coach Stan Van Gundy and Magic players were available to speak to the media Friday, about 15 hours after they were eliminated in the first round of the Eastern Conference playoffs by the Atlanta Hawks.

When asked about the contract extension Smith referred to, Howard responded, “I haven’t seen a contract.”
When a reporter followed up, Howard said, “I haven’t seen it.”
Link

This is going to get ugly, folks.

Reaction score
Update

Dwight Howard insists that he hasn't seen a contract extension offer from the Magic, though Orlando GM Otis Smith claims that it's on the table.
"I haven't seen a contract," Howard said. "We just got finished playing a playoff series and now you are asking me about contracts? ... There's no need to be talking about contracts and where I'm going to sign.'' Smith said the offer is a two-year extension, and he's not optimistic that Howard will sign.
Thoughts?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol Dwight
he aint signing it

Nets or Lakers.

VC15

Reaction score
One or the other?

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I think he will look better in this:

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Thats what they said about Amare and Melo....
But....Dwight would have to take a huggge pay cut to play with them. And I think the best center in the league isnt gonna take a pay cut. Also once the NBA gets a new cba salary cap is gonna get lowered and there wont be 3 superstars on a team with the max or close to the max. So there is basically no chance of Dwight in a Knicks uniform.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
So you think that David Stern is against super teams? Wouldnt that make more money for the NBA like in the 80's with the Lakers Celtics and Pistons?

VC15

Reaction score
Thats what they said about Amare and Melo....
WTF?

Everyone knew it would be Nets or Knicks from the beginning as far as Melo goes...

STAT just went to the highest bidder.

If you trade Melo or STAT to the Magic, then I could see him in "Duh Gaahden"...

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
There is NO SHOT that Dwight goes to the Knicks.

I think (as of right now), he will not sign anything until the end of the season. He's not going to resign unless the Magic get CP3 Iggy orGay.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

I think (as of right now), he will not sign anything until the end of the season. He's not going to resign unless the Magic get CP3 Iggy orGay.
EXACTLY they have no cap as it is.

I see him in Orlando...nowhere else.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

sadly enough i dont think they get those three, or anyone unless its in a trade for dwight. but iggy will probably be easier to get.

but i crack up at knick fans, lol. they will get every star they want.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Dwights not staying in Orlando, thats for sure. Ive seen him play a good amount to know that the team around him is getting older and their time has come. Dwight knows that and its time for him to move on and get a real sidekick.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
On Monday night, Dwight Howard went on Twitter and indicated the Orlando Sentinel is trying run him out of town just like Shaquille O’Neal.

“Y does it seem like the writers of Orlando sentinel are tryna push me out of Orlando with dumb articles. It’s annoying. Can I enjoy my summer and get ready for next season in Orlando. Pls. Same thing u guys did to Shaq. Smh”

Smh is Twitter language for ”shaking my head.”

He went on to say in some other tweets:

“I’m not blaming the media. I’m saying stop with the dumb articles. They don’t make be decision of mine. I jus don’t want Orlando fans to believe them. Cuz they don’t know. I love my city.”
dun dun dun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%