Computer Problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

getyappcrnredy24

maybe god. live with soul, never die.
Reaction score
Well, to make long story short, earlier today my computer randomly messed up and I called the help place tonight. They have to send me a box within the next few days and I send them my computer in it and then they fix it and send it back. But, that'll takt like a week to a week and a half I guess. And after that, it'll probably be somewhat default and I will ave lost most of my files, which is what im mostly worried about, school stuff, graphics stuff, etc.
So..I will be less active of course as I'm stuck using this <Censored>ty desktop we have that's really slow.
I should be able to get on everyday though at some point though.
Peace...

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
that sux -- but hopefully, they can recover your files off the HD -- similar thing happened to me and I still got all the files

getyappcrnredy24

maybe god. live with soul, never die.
Reaction score
yeah the guy said that the problem seems to be that it won't boot all the way, so I may or may not lose stuff. Im praying I won't though...
And Jarrod, can you PM me the pass to the GFX Crew Lounge..It's not saved on here.
Thanks.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
^Me too. My old computer suddenly wouldn't even turn on anymore, but they were able to recover all my music(thank the heavens)/HD files. No worries muh man.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Wow wow wow, what's the exact Computer Problem? Maybe I can help ya out.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sucks man. Get it fixed!

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
ugh I hate when this stuff happens, losing all your files can suck big time

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Yeah, but luckily I don't think it's a hard drive issue. It seems to me like it's either a RAM, Motherboard or Monitor issue. He told me last night that when it starts up and he can't see anything, it does run just can't view anything on the screen. He also mentioned that there is no beep when it starts up, which is a REALLY good sign. Hopefully I'm right on this one, so there should be no problem saving the files.

...And yes, I'm the Computer wiz of SI haha for those who don't know.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
GMF7 is correct. as long as it still turns on, it could mean that the HD is salvageable, and that the motherboard is probably the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%