Colts sign Rice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ESPN - With the status of three-time Pro Bowl defensive end Dwight Freeney uncertain, the Indianapolis Colts have claimed Simeon Rice off waivers after he was released by the Denver Broncos last Friday.

Freeney injured his left foot in the fourth quarter of Sunday night's 23-21 loss at San Diego, and was undergoing tests on Monday to determine the extent of the damage. Freeney, who was carted from the field after an unidentified Chargers' offensive lineman rolled up his leg, likely will miss next Sunday's game against Kansas City.

Rice, 34, was let go by the Broncos on Friday afternoon after he requested his release. The league's second-leading active sacker, Rice appeared in six games during his short-lived stint with the Broncos but was unhappy over his lack of playing time and the fact that Denver coaches were using him at the unfamiliar left end position.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Will this guy just retire so he isn't shuffled around so much.

VC3

Charmander CHAR CHAR!
Reaction score
Stupid Raiders... They should have signed him immediately but no, they just want to keep losing.

Ryan

go royals!
Reaction score
Rice is only a shell of what he used to be, I don't even know if I'd even trade a sixth rounder to get him... He's inevitably going to get injured again, I guess he could be a good veteran presence for a young team (which the Colts aren't).

Just retire.

bulls12

Reaction score
well I think it's ridiculous to play for a lot of teams like he does, he has had a worthy career he just ought to retire.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
i like this move for the Colts

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Smart move by the Colts as it appears Freeney is done for the year. An arch injury like Freeney's requires surgery or else he faces more problems with it later in his career.

Rice obviously cannot be the everydown D-Lineman he has been in the past but coupled with whoever the hell #60 is...the Colts will be in better shape that not having Rice at all.

This hurts for the Colts though. The last thing they need is for their Defense, which has played suprisingly better than expected, to deteriorate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%