Co-Author Think Bron Will Leave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Buzz Bissinger, the co-author with LeBron James of the book "LeBron's Dream Team," said in an interview that he thinks James is going to leave the Cavs as a free-agent this summer.

But Bissinger hedges his bet and does not believe that James has made up his mind yet.

"LeBron does love Ohio. He loves playing in Cleveland and he loves Akron," said Bissinger. "Like everyone else, I have asked LeBron what he is going to do and he has flashed me that exquisite smile. I am not privy to any special information, but my gut tells me he will leave the Cavaliers whether they win the NBA championship or not.

"He has aspirations beyond basketball. He wants to be a billion dollar athlete. He likes challenges and bright lights. There is nothing like New York and the goal of making the Knicks champions again is an incredible one.

"So I say he goes to the Knicks, IF THEY GET THE RIGHT SUPPORTING CAST. And as you know that’s a big 'if' when it comes to the Knicks. LeBron would own New York in a way that no athlete has ever owned it, except maybe for Reggie Jackson after game six of the 1977 World Series when he hit three home runs, and as we know the love affair did not last forever.

"It would be exciting as hell to watch and I think LeBron would luxuriate in it. But as you say he also loves Ohio, so it is going to be a very difficult decision and I don’t think he has come close to making it yet. And remember, the most important value in LeBron’s life is loyalty. Still, I say he goes. But once again, if anybody out there is a betting man, bet against me."

Via HoopsAddict.com

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
H.G. "Buzz" Bissinger is among the nation's most honored and distinguished writers. A native of New York City

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No Lie LeBron owning NY and Kobe owning LA would look good for the league. Maybe D-Wade owning ATL? in my dreams would be nice lol

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Ok, Reggie Jackson didnt own New York like Jeter has or even LT when he was in his prime. Anyways, this guy sounds like a flip flop every other sentence. "I think he may leave, or maybe not."

At the end of the day, I want a good all-star on the Knicks and if Chris Bosh comes here to NY then I would be fully satisfied.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We need more then just one all-star, I think I know what Walsh's plans are....

He's constantly saying he's in no rush to spend the money since next years potential FA class is just as good.

We need a big men, a defensive presence/rebounder. DLee is most likley gone, I dont think he'll be back in a Knicks uni, we're either going to S&T him or just let him sign elsewhere.

We need a scorer on the wing, we dont have a guy we can give the ball and tell "go score" Gallo is a great spot up guy, and from what Ive seen has a offensive game thats evolving nicely, Dub C is improving as well.

We also need a PG, and thats where waiting to spend the money for next offseason comes in, I would love to have Deron Williams if Booz leaves. Or CP3 if he isnt happy with their decision about who they hire as coach.

Ultimately, we have to make some major moves to become contenders again, and honestly even though we have the most money to spend we have to go beyond that and work some deals...

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I've been one to sit here and say "Lebron won't be leaving" for a long-ass time...but I tell you what...if the Celtics bounce the Cavs in this series...I will change my opinion on that.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I've been one to sit here and say "Lebron won't be leaving" for a long-ass time...but I tell you what...if the Celtics bounce the Cavs in this series...I will change my opinion on that.
Agreed. But I don't think the Cavs lose, and I don't think that Lebron leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%