Clippers Would Trade Kaman For SF

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Clippers are open to dealing center Chris Kaman prior to next month's trade deadline, but they may only do so for a clear upgrade at small forward.

Also, Los Angeles wants that player to have a reasonable contract.

Kaman has been sidelined for all but 10 games this season with a badly sprained left ankle.

Potential trade targets like Philadelphia's Andre Iguodala and Charlotte's Gerald Wallace may be ruled out because of their contracts.

Detroit's Tayshaun Prince has an expiring contract.
If Joe wants to earn respect back from the fans, trade Rip to the Nets, and get Kaman in a Pistons uniform.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
All of these opportunities are falling right into Dumars' lap. He needs to do something.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Trading for Kaman would be stupid for the Pistons.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
How do you figure?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What would be the point of adding on his salary? I guess it would be somewhat worth it if you're giving up Rip who has a longer contract but if it's just him the Clips wouldn't do it anyway.

He's an inefficient player as well. Don't really like him.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
I have no idea how Kaman got this inefficient reputation. His FG% has always been very good.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
For a big men who plays inside, his FG% is not what you want out of him..

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kaman is a good player, I think he fits perfectly next to Griffin, but Jordan has been playing well...but no where near as good as Kaman.

But getting Iggy, GWall would be great. Prince is also deserving to get out of Detroit, but I don't know how he would do on the Clippers.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
I can't really see why the Bobcats or the 6ers would trade G-Force or Iggy for Kaman though. The Clippers would have to add something to make it worth their while.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They probably would add something more, but Philly has been losing interest in Iggy for a while now. His stock is dropping.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hmm maybe the Hawks could hop on this

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kaman is a good player, I think he fits perfectly next to Griffin, but Jordan has been playing well...but no where near as good as Kaman.

But getting Iggy, GWall would be great. Prince is also deserving to get out of Detroit, but I don't know how he would do on the Clippers.
he doesnt play perfectly next to Blake
all kaman does is cry over shots
dunleavy loved kaman. he forced the clips to give him the ball, thats why he had a nice first half. as soon as he was canned, kaman was depressed and sucked.
he's a black hole

he's good, but deandre is perfect next to blake. perfect
both rebound, deandre helps blake on d the way kaman cant
blake needs the ball down low, deandre doesnt. if blake misses, deandre is there to rebound and kick, or put back from point blank

Tayshaun for Kaman is so much win for the clips.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Prince for Kaman. I've been saying that for the past couple of seasons now. Well, that's usually the trade I pull on NBA2k anyway :p

It would definitely be a perfect fit for both teams. Prince comes back home to LA, & Kaman gets to go back to Michigan. So it kind of works out personally for them as well. Both players fit the other team's needs.

It's as if it's destined to happen. The big problem is both teams have GM's that could easily ruin this destiny.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Once Kaman got here, and Kander did work on his ankles, I think he could easily go back to the double-double machine he once was.

I don't know any Pistons fans that don't want him.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
this dream may finally come true <3

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kaman, when he played this season still put up good stats, when healthy.

But I might have to agree, this trade does make sense for both teams. And players.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kander would do absolute work with him. Like he does with any other injured player.
If he keeps T-Mac healthy all year, he deserves a fucking medal.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I just wish the Pistons would start trading already. They need changes, they should know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%