Get who? DeAndre Jordan?

The reason the league wouldn't accept that is because DeAndre is trash

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Monty Williams is now the NBA's 5th longest tenured coach...

Three years in the NBA is an eternity.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Get who? DeAndre Jordan?

The reason the league wouldn't accept that is because DeAndre is trash
posts like these are why we need the neg button again

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
How is he trash? He's an athletic C that is a good shot blocker and rebounder. Offensively he fits REALLY well with Rondo, better than any other C he's had (KG I consider a PF). And with Sully and Dre, we have two great rebounders on the court.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So good shot blocker and rebounder equals good defender?

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Better defender than Brandon Bass or anyone else we'd put next to Sullinger

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
That makes zero sense
how does that make zero sense???

Sullinger is starting next year. So unless we start Fab Melo, who isn't ready yet to be a role player/starter yet, Jordan is the best available defender

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well for starters, how do you know who is available and who isn't?

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Are you literally that fucking retarded? It's not rocket science to figure out who's a FA or who's a likely trade option

I'm done wasting my time with you

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
But I'm not the guy who thinks Jordan is a good player or actually is a good fit with any PG.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And to take it one step further do you know who the FA's or trade targets are because you have access to the internet?

Do you have any idea how many guys will be available that aren't getting talked about in the media? Guys who decline their options, guys who have their former teams decline their options, guys who only have partially guaranteed contracts, guys who have fully guranteed contracts that get traded out of the blue without Adrian Wojnarowski tweeting about them. You really have no idea about all the players that are available. It's more than just the guys you'll read about on hoopshype or something like that. You are incredibly naive if you think otherwise.

And to take it one step further than that there are plenty of guys that are available or could potentially come available that are better fits or smarter solutions than DeAndre Jordan.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
naive is such a strong word. narrowminded wouldve worked better.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Another question I heard discussed today. How is what Doc did any different from what Dwight, Melo, etc did?

He signed a 5 year deal and didn't even serve half of it, and as soon as the going got tough he jumped ship.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
it was either ask to leave or get fired though because thats what happens when the team isnt good which isnt always the coaches fault.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
Another question I heard discussed today. How is what Doc did any different from what Dwight, Melo, etc did?He signed a 5 year deal and didn't even serve half of it, and as soon as the going got tough he jumped ship.
we weren't going to pay Doc $7M annually for a 30 win team

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If this were happening in 1990, we'd probably have some kind of word for it. Like "The Docalypse." Or "Running Rivers." Maybe "Dr. Changelove: Or He Learned to Stop Caring and Leave the Celtics." OK, I think that last one was a reach.

But Doc Rivers isn't a player anymore; he's a coach. And for some unknown reason, that makes this all acceptable.

I don't claim to know all the inner details of the situation with Rivers and the Celtics, and by all appearances Danny Ainge and the organization seem more than fine with releasing the 51-year-old coach to go to the Clippers in exchange for a future first round pick.

But let's face the facts: Rivers has essentially forced his way out of Boston in the same way Dwight Howard did in Orlando or Carmelo Anthony in Denver or Deron Williams in Utah or Chris Paul in New Orleans. Rivers made his intentions and wishes clear and while the call was ultimately with Ainge and owner Wyc Grousbeck, the team had to eventually cave to its coach. Why would Rivers want to leave Boston, a place he's been for a decade and won a championship while becoming one of the most beloved figures in town? The only apparent reason or explanation is that he doesn't want to endure a rebuilding phase with the Celtics.
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/22510115/doc-rivers-is-abandoning-the-celtics-and-that-shouldnt-be-ok

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I wasn't disagreeing that he forced his way out

The difference was Utah and Orlando and Cleveland would have loved to keep their guys on roster, while Boston was ready for Doc to go when KG/Pierce leave

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%