Clippers locker room falling apart; issues between Paul and Griffin?

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Clippers are in trouble. They got their 50th win of this storybook season Wednesday night, a franchise record, but internal problems seriously threaten their chances for extraordinary postseason success. The feel-good Clippers are gone, with DeAndre Jordan and Blake Griffin's immaturity dragging the team down. Jordan wants nothing to do with Coach Vinny Del Negro because he blames Del Negro for burying him on the bench. Yet Jordan's inability to play consistently or make free throws, thereby turning the ball over to the opposition much like a turnover, makes him a liability in close games. Jordan sees it differently, and he has for the last two seasons, maintaining he would be more productive if allowed to play more. He's as likable as they come and overloaded with athletic ability. But as an NBA starter on a team that wants to compete for championships, he's more cancer than consistent contributor while failing to justify what he's being paid.
Griffin is Jordan's buddy, and still a kid.

His development has been sabotaged by his inability to accept criticism of any sort.

It helps explain why he's always at odds with the referees. He's never done anything wrong, as he sees it, so why are they blowing a whistle and calling him out?

He takes a punishment when he plays, and right now he's playing hurt. But he reacts like a kid when done wrong, looking for the opportunity to get even while giving no regard to how that might affect his team's performance.

He wants the ball like any great player, but when it doesn't go to him, he pouts. He's 24. Most of the time the ball goes to Griffin, but he's concerned only about the times when it doesn't.
The other night in Sacramento, Griffin and Jordan exchanged words on the bench. Griffin told Jordan he best never again stare him down as he did when Griffin failed to give Jordan a good pass for a dunk.

Everyone else was left to sit there while waiting for the kids to stop bickering.

The pair have also grown tired of Chris Paul's voice, which is understandable at times.

Paul, very much like Kobe Bryant — who has turned off Dwight Howard with his out-of-this-world standards — is relentless. He never shuts up. And Jordan and Griffin have become weary of him.

When asked about being annoying, Paul smiled and said, "I need to work on being a better leader."
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-simers-clippers-20130404,0,7748206.column?page=1

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
sometimes the pressure from the star player is too much. i dont think thatll be a longterm issue, but dj is a problem. and they wont be able to deal him with that contract.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Blake Griffin is overrated.
DeAndre Jordan is being misused (I actually agree with him).
Chris Paul is the biggest bitch of a player in the NBA. Nobody complains more than him. Then again, maybe Griffin has surpassed him in bitchiness.
Eric Bledsoe doesn't get enough time.
The rest of the team is FUCKING OLD.

Clippers should be a first round exit, but Vinny pulled them together for a 7 gamer last year and maybe he will again.

I personally don't think Del Negro is the biggest issue. I think he's the scapegoat.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
and hes just flat out a bad coach.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
Blake Griffin is overrated.
DeAndre Jordan is being misused (I actually agree with him).
Chris Paul is the biggest bitch of a player in the NBA. Nobody complains more than him. Then again, maybe Griffin has surpassed him in bitchiness.
Eric Bledsoe doesn't get enough time.
The rest of the team is FUCKING OLD.

Clippers should be a first round exit, but Vinny pulled them together for a 7 gamer last year and maybe he will again.

I personally don't think Del Negro is the biggest issue. I think he's the scapegoat.
I don't understand how DeAndre Jordan can be considered misused when he has no real basketball skill and is incredibly limited in what he can do on offense. Should the Clippers be running plays for him? He's a horrible fit with Blake Griffin, which I would attribute to some of Blake's declining numbers. There is no room down low for Blake when DeAndre is there just taking up space as no real threat.

Bledsoe doesn't get enough time, but there isn't a lot of time they can give him. It's just a bad situation for him.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Del Negro is an awful coach

I also like how they mention both CP3 and Dwight for being annoying

RManske2

Reaction score
Can't say I'm really a fan of Blake, I grow tired of him and his zombie look on the court (or when he does the blank stare to the refs when he doesn't get a call).

Should be an interesting offseason for the Clippers if the reports are true.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%