Cliff Lee's wife harassed in New York

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The post-season is what matters the most.. He's still going to be a 3.00 ERA pitcher in the regular season, which is extremely good anyway. He doesn't fold under the pressure, and pitches his best when it matters the most.

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
clutchhhh

clutch counts. look at tom brady for example.

now look at brett favre

now watch the guy who picked him off take it to the house.

STLZACH

Go Blues!
Reaction score
Aw hell no.
I'd be up in them stands <Censored>in people up.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
The post-season is what matters the most.. He's still going to be a 3.00 ERA pitcher in the regular season, which is extremely good anyway. He doesn't fold under the pressure, and pitches his best when it matters the most.
Here's the way I look at it and why he is worth $20M to the Yankees...

The Yankees had over 90 wins this year in a competitive division without a good Rotation. Their lineup is massive, andi f they get Crawford, which will piss me off because Swisher, Gardner and Granderson can handle the outfield fine when healthy, their lineup will be that much more lethal.

In the ALCS, they lose because of their rotation. Their rotation was CC and hoping that Pettitte would be great because hes used to being on the big stage.

If you bring in Cliff Lee, now you have your lineup that carries you to the Postseason, and two absolute workhorses who can pitch Games 1,2,4,5 of an ALCS. Why Girardi didn't put CC on 3 days rest when he's done it before absolutely boggles my mind, but I can on imagine it happening if they have Lee. Put those two on the mound 4-5 times in 1 series and you will cruise to your 28th Title.

And with the ERA he can put up, and we saw how well he pitched in Seattle when healthy, he can easily put up 15 wins with a 3.50 ERA with that lineup behind him.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You've got two scenarios:

A)$400 million can make you forget a lot of things

B)Even if he wasn't going to sign in New York, he's not going to say that. It will lower his price significantly.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Well either way, I think this offseason we're all going to see how much money Sandy Koufax could have made in the Free Agency, hahaha.

Atlas

Banned
Reaction score
Cliff Lee would give the Yankees a 1-2 punch at the top of the rotation they haven't had since the late-90's, when Pettitte and Rocket were on top of their game. Lee's addition would allow the emerging Phil Hughes to sit comfortably in the 3-spot and then push inconsistent AJ to the back end of the rotation. I would also gamble on Petitte giving it 1 more "go" if the Yankees only need him as the #5 and he wouldn't have to be relied on to make every start. This whole paragraph alone is what makes Cliff Lee worth $20M.

I thought for a long time that Carl Crawford would be a Yankee but I don't think they make much of a play for him now. Pitching is where most of the money will be spent and then overpaying for an old Derek Jeter b/c of who is and not necessarily what he can do anymore. Crawford is going to be into the 30's bracket and that's about the time most outfielders start to decline. I see Crawford as the 2nd coming of Carlos Beltran. Beltran was good in early days with the Mets but has gotten quieter as he gets older. He's now overpaid, by a lot.

Biggest question is what to do with Joba Chamberlain? The Yankees screwed Chamberlain all up and now they're talking about putting him back in the late innings spot. There's a lot of teams that think they can get Chamberlain back to his 2008 form, so he does have some trade value, but I have to wonder if the Yankees are planning on keeping him b/c Kerry Wood will get more money as a closer elsewhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%