Chris Paul vs Rajon Rondo Rivalry

Status
Not open for further replies.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rondo is gloating about a championship he was GIVEN by the big 3.. He is better now but he wasn't that good in 2008.
Don't say GIVEN. Because thats not true. The Big 3 needed Rondo just as much as he needed them. Teams win championships not just three good players.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Agreed with elcheato
Heck I don't think he'd be that good without the Big 3 anyways.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Don't say GIVEN. Because thats not true. The Big 3 needed Rondo just as much as he needed them. Teams win championships not just three good players.
10 points, 5 assists and a liability to shoot the ball allowing defenses to leave him alone. They could have won with Eddie House starting.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
10 points, 5 assists and a liability to shoot the ball allowing defenses to leave him alone. They could have won with Eddie House starting.
Naw I don't believe that at all. Eddie House doesn't really play defense. Rajon didn't need to score he was just needed for good defense. Same with Perk. Either way TEAMS win chips not 3 players. No matter how good they are the game is 5-on-5 and when they get their rings they don't give them to only the big 3. They give them to all the players that contributed to winning the championship

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Naw I don't believe that at all. Eddie House doesn't really play defense. Rajon didn't need to score he was just needed for good defense. Same with Perk. Either way TEAMS win chips not 3 players. No matter how good they are the game is 5-on-5 and when they get their rings they don't give them to only the big 3. They give them to all the players that contributed to winning the championship
2008 playoffs:
The only very good PG the Celtics faced in the playoffs during their 2008 run, was Chauncey Billups, and his averages against the Celtics in the series were almost identical to his regular season numbers.. You could replace Rondo with any good defensive PG in the NBA and they would have won.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
2008 playoffs:
The only very good PG the Celtics faced in the playoffs during their 2008 run, was Chauncey Billups, and his averages against the Celtics in the series were almost identical to his regular season numbers.. You could replace Rondo with any good defensive PG in the NBA and they would have won.
You could say that about anybody on any championship team but it won't come true. You could replace Kobe with LeBron and say the Lakers would have still won the chip last year. You can think all day but bottom-line is Rajon got a ring and he was part of a TEAM EFFORT to win it. People discredit him just because he plays alongside good players smh.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You could say that about anybody on any championship team but it won't come true. You could replace Kobe with LeBron and say the Lakers would have still won the chip last year. You can think all day but bottom-line is Rajon got a ring and he was part of a TEAM EFFORT to win it. People discredit him just because he plays alongside good players smh.
Brian Scalabrine got a ring too.

Everything Turns To Nothing .
Reaction score
I don't like when role players talk <Censored> to an All-Star. He thinks he's hot <Censored> because he won a ring with three future Hall of Famers?

Let's see what you do when they're gone, Rondo. You're not even close to being as good as Chris Paul...

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't like when role players talk <Censored> to an All-Star. He thinks he's hot <Censored> because he won a ring with three future Hall of Famers?

Let's see what you do when they're gone, Rondo. You're not even close to being as good as Chris Paul...
SMH

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Celtics talk smack to everybody. They won a ring so they can talk as they feel.
I read that... than I looked to the left...
"NBA Team: Atlanta Hawks"

I'm confused right now, yo.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I read that... than I looked to the left...
"NBA Team: Atlanta Hawks"

I'm confused right now, yo.
I'm just sayin. I hate the celtics just as much as the next guy but I have alot of respect for Rajon and Ray. I'm just saying I know trash talking is a part of the game and apparently it work if they got the W. I just think of how MJ trash talked after they won championships and they could do that because they knew they where good.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What does d-rose have to do with this? Its well known d-rose is one of my fave players. But what does that have to do with rondo trying to instigate stuff with cp3 after the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%