Chris Leban Suspended For One Year

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Chris Leben has battled demons his entire career. Now he's got another fight on his hands facing a one-year suspension after testing positive for two banned substances following UFC 138.

Leben, who served one-year suspension back in 2008 and 2009 following UFC 89 for using Stanozolol, apologized.

"I would like to make it known that I fully accept this suspension and apologize for embarrassing the UFC, my friends and family, and sport of mixed martial arts," Leben said. "I'm learning that I'm my own worst enemy sometimes. I can't succeed in the Octagon or in life behaving this way. I've got to make some real changes over the next year and I'm going to focus on getting my life and career back on track. Again, I'm sorry to the UFC and fans that've supported me since my days on The Ultimate Fighter."
UFC president Dana White showed compassion with his statement posted on UFC.com.

"I like Chris and I want him to do well, but based on his actions, he's been suspended for one year," UFC President Dana White said. "If he needs professional help, we are going to be there for him. We want to see him succeed not only in the Octagon, but in his personal life."
Leben, 31, has also battled a well-chronicled addition to alcohol over the years as well.

i cant help but think this will be the end of him in the UFC regardless of what dana says..

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This sucks for Leben. I've always liked him but you're probably right Pugz. He's probably gonna get cut soon.

NCSportsfan21

Reaction score
This explains why he's such a tough bastard. I've never seen anyone take such punishment and still stand.

Hope he gets through it and comes out on the other end. He always puts on a great fight win or lose, so I hope to see him back in MMA very soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%