Childress Seriously Considering Offer From Olympiakos

Status
Not open for further replies.

.loggie

Reaction score
Josh Childress, a free agent from the Atlanta Hawks, is strongly considering a three-year, $20 million offer from Olympiakos, several league sources said Sunday night.

Childress flew to Greece late Sunday and is scheduled to meet with Olympiakos officials on Monday.

Childress, 25, is so flustered with the Hawks’ refusal to make a sign-and-trade deal to another team, one source familiar with his thinking believes there’s “better than a 50-50 chance” he’ll sign with Olympiakos. The team also will cover the Greek taxes for Childress, making it even more lucrative.
its starting to bug me how europe is trying to steal all of our nba players.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He can leave for all i care aint like he's a huge loss for the nba. He isnt kobe or nothing.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's not Kobe, but he's a great young role player who can backup any 2 or 3 in the league. And I would love to have him on my team, I'm pretty sure anyone can say that.

It's just he doesn't want to be in ATL anymore, this is prolly just a way for him to get the contract he wants anyways.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
its starting to bug me how europe is trying to steal all of our nba players.
Doesn't the NBA want to do the same for their players? Actually the NBA just wants their "best" players, could really care less for the rest of them.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He can leave for all i care aint like he's a huge loss for the nba. He isnt kobe or nothing.
+1

Let him leave, after that 1st year he'll be crying to come back.

.loggie

Reaction score
Doesn't the NBA want to do the same for their players? Actually the NBA just wants their "best" players, could really care less for the rest of them.
haha i guess i never thought of it like that Baggs. but i know what you mean Pugz, hes probably just threatening them so he can get a bigger contract

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That's exactly what he is doing, trying to get a bigger contract. And if he doesn't get something bigger he will end up going to Greece.

Have fun in Europe lol.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
haha i guess i never thought of it like that Baggs. but i know what you mean Pugz, hes probably just threatening them so he can get a bigger contract
Yeah it's hard to overlook...you see it a lot in soccer, so that's why I'm probably more used to it.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
if he really wants to go to Greece, fine.
seriously, who cares?
its just Childress

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Unlike futbol, it's flip flopped. Internationally they need better players, the USA on the other hand can easily make do with their home grown prospects.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'dbe mad if he left but if he does he'll see that the NBA is better

bosox1918

Reaction score
Its a shame that hes being such a baby about this. That's what i don't understand about professional sports. "Why are most of the athletes so greedy?". I thought that pro athletes went pro because they love the game so much. But it's players like this that make me ask this question. Now don't get me wrong, not every pro athlete is like this, some are generous and they give away some of their salary to charities and do fundraisers for boys and girls homes and similar organizations. But this is just ridiculous. Moving to the other side of the earth just because he doesn't get the contract he wants. Athletes who still love the game they play wouldn't have cared about how much they're getting paid but rather if they're able to play their favorite game on earth.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
"And Sund insists that just because Childress is considering his options overseas doesn't mean the Hawks aren't done negotiating to bring him back to Atlanta."

from AJC.com

proof that him leaving is not official and I read that only one of his agents went over seas to talk about a deal but he's not "Seriously Considering" anything yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%