Celtics Would "Love" To Trade Crawford

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
During a season where they lost Rajon Rondo to an ACL injury, the Boston Celtics were desperate for any sort of offensive playmaker. Prior to the trade deadline, Danny Ainge was able to acquire shooting guard Jordan Crawford from the Washington Wizards for practically nothing. With youngsters John Wall and Bradley Beal leading the way, the Wizards were seemingly trying to clear the way for their young guards to lead the way. Crawford was a victim of this, as Washington believed they were adding simply by subtracting.

Now, it seems as if the Celtics may have the same mindset.

According to a report, the Celtics would "love" to deal Jordan Crawford, but they have been unable to do so. If you're a scorer and a team desperate for offense doesn't want you, there probably won't be much interest for your services around the league.

Because they gave up almost nothing and were trying to make one last run for Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett, it's hard to call the trade a bad move for Boston. However, Crawford didn't end up having much of an impact, and he was pretty much as advertised; a scorer who wasn't very good at scoring efficiently.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/boston-celtics-reportedly-love-trade-jordan-crawford-165700253.html

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
We have 16 players, and we need to cut it to 15

PG: Rondo, Pressey
SG: Bradley, Lee, Crawford, Brooks, Bogans
SF: Green, Wallace
PF: Olynyk, Bass, S.Randolph, Humphries
C: Sullinger, Faverani, Melo

It's clear we have to move a SG, and Brooks has the higher upside of the two. Bogans is being kept for a bigger trade, since he's a super-expiring.

It's either Shavlik or JCraw, and I think Boston would want to have more size

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
id welcome him. he could provide something detroit needs, scoring at a high chucking rate.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ben Gordon clearly was the answer back then

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wouldn't want that dude anywhere near my team.

Air Mamba ™

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
We have 16 players, and we need to cut it to 15

PG: Rondo, Pressey
SG: Bradley, Lee, Crawford, Brooks, Bogans
SF: Green, Wallace
PF: Olynyk, Bass, S.Randolph, Humphries
C: Sullinger, Faverani, Melo

It's clear we have to move a SG, and Brooks has the higher upside of the two. Bogans is being kept for a bigger trade, since he's a super-expiring.

It's either Shavlik or JCraw, and I think Boston would want to have more size

Isn't Olynyk a Center, and Sully a PF?

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Sullinger is a PF, but his face up game will have him at C

Olynyk is a PF for sure, might even get some minutes at SF

uwp

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Sullinger is a PF, but his face up game will have him at C

Olynyk is a PF for sure, might even get some minutes at SF
Olynyk is not fast enough for a SF. Green/Wallace will eat up all the minutes with any leftovers going to Bogans.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
That was just Scal's take on Sully, and Scal was our workout guy for the draft. That's why I said what I did. Obviously he is too slow, but if for some reason we stretch 3 big, Olynyk CAN play the position, just not so well defensively

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Your expectations for Kelly are way to high.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I wouldn't think so, and again, I'm going off the team's evaluation of him, not mine. Brian Scalabrine said the Celtics view him as a PF with even some ability to play SF due to his shooting touch. He's a great scorer at his size, and he is improving on defense and rebounding. He isn't really that physical, at all.

Maybe not from Year 1, but in Year 2 or 3, Olynyk, if used, can put up 16-18ppg/6rpg a season. He'll never be an impact defender, or even anything above average defensively, but his offensive game is one of the best in the draft

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i love him as a prospect but i only see him as a high energy guy. 13/6, maybe a few 15/7 seasons, but the thing he brings wont show up.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Well we suck which is why he'd be used more than he should. On any other team, yeah that'd look right. But on a team where you have a pass-first, pass-second, pass-third PG, a defensive SG who isnt anything more than a spot-up shooter at best, and an undersized center coming off back injury, Olynyk will get more scoring opportunities than he would on any other team. If given the right opportunity, he's our #2 scoring option, behind Jeff Green of course

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%