Reaction score
My sources tell me it will end soon.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/22/nfl-drops-third-quarterback-rule-46-active-players-on-game-day/

Teams can now have 46 active players rather than 45 on gameday.

spangar

Reaction score
im not even that big of a football fan but this shit needs to get over..i cant imagine watching only baseball till hockey season..cause from the sounds of it NBA is strugglin too

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter

Player reps emailed a letter to players saying, "We will meet again Monday to discuss our options and the direction we want to go."
Well shit.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I heard the owners don't plan on negotiating anymore. I hope thats true.

Make the players either accept, or propose a very similar CBA.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Well shit.
Even though they players have been complaining on twitter about how the proposal is full of stuff not agreed on.. They are stalling for time for some reason. Vincent Jackson, or maybe something else.

Or maybe they're trying to miss a full week of pre-season by waiting it out a bit.. Who knows.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I doubt it has anything to do with Vincent Jackson.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I doubt it has anything to do with Vincent Jackson.
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
While Patriots G Logan Mankins has withdrawn his demands, Vincent Jackson hasn't, despite denials that he wants $10 million or no tag.
24 minutes ago

Vincent Jackson needs to sign off on the settlement because he is a named Plaintiff. Apparently, his two agents are the most litigious in the league and the NFLPA is scared to coerce him into a settlement.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
omg, if he is the one holding this whole thing up....kill em.

(but I don't believe he is the only reason)

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
omg, if he is the one holding this whole thing up....kill em.

(but I don't believe he is the only reason)
He's not the only reason, but he is one of the reasons.

The NFLPA doesn't want to get into this huge battle with his agents.

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score

Holy shit that is one dirty look.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
According to Profootballtalk.com, a players vote on the latest CBA proposal could come sooner than Monday.
ESPN's Adam Schefter previously reported that the players had essentially broken for the weekend, citing an email distributed by the *NFLPA. Multiple outlets are now disputing Schefter's report, including Schefter. Per Mike Florio of Profootballtalk.com, a vote will happen "when the deal points and the language on the settlement are completed." That could be tonight, tomorrow, Sunday, or Monday. We still expect transactions at some point next week.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Players association leaders have been reviewing what they are calling the "finishing details" of the agreement the NFL owners approved Thursday, and they plan to communicate with the NFLPA executive board and player reps either Friday night or Saturday, a high-ranking NFLPA source told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen.
If they feel they have resolved the remaining issues toward a settlement, it is possible a vote could be taken this weekend -- but there was no certainty on such action. A vote will not be taken Friday and there is an expectation that the back-and-forth discussions among the NFLPA and with lawyers for both sides could continue through the weekend, the source said.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6793054/nfl-lockout-nflpa-work-weekend-sources-say

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Vincent Jackson is now willing to release his claim in the Brady v. NFL lawsuit "without compensation."Meaning, he is no longer demanding either $10 million or unrestricted free agency. This was one of the last remaining hurdles between the players and taking a vote on a new CBA, and a very good sign that they will likely do so at some point this weekend.
Good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%