Cavs sign Nichols.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Who cares about the backcourt, Nichols is a SF mainly, but James will probably be in almost the whole game so Nichols might play some SG.
Way to go... You just went from saying who cares about the backcourt to saying Nichols will play some SG (a backcourt position).

Anyway, I don't really care about positions, especially with the Cavaliers (since LeBron is their primary ballhandler). They're gonna have LeBron, Drew Gooden, Larry Hughes and Zydrunas Ilgauskas on the floor for the majority of games, that leaves one other spot. I'm pretty sure they're gonna go to guys like Devin Brown, Damon Jones, Daniel Gibson and possibly even Ira Newble (a pretty good defender) before getting down to Nichols.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Guys, you're acting like the Cavs are needing a shooter to go to late in games. It's not like anybody other than Bron is taking those last second shots...

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea but look at who is capable to play monster minutes....not Z...probably not Gooden, Hughes i'm not sure about, he tends to get hurt. And when Jones is ice cold, they will have to go somewhere else, and Brown and Gibson, plus Gibson sparked last year in the playoffs, remember what Jerome James did in the playoffs with Seattle a few years back? He got at least a double-double a game, I would not be surprised if Gibson goes back to how he was before the playoffs.

And who said anything about late shots? Its just someone to kick it out to for an open shot when James has like 3 guys on him.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Guys, you're acting like the Cavs are needing a shooter to go to late in games. It's not like anybody other than Bron is taking those last second shots...
I'm saying, IF they need somebody to kick out to, they're more likely to go with Damon Jones or Daniel Gibson than they are the rookie, Demetris Nichols. I'm not even sure Nichols will be on the active roster, he'll probably spend a majority of the year in the D-League.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea but look at who is capable to play monster minutes....not Z...probably not Gooden, Hughes i'm not sure about, he tends to get hurt. And when Jones is ice cold, they will have to go somewhere else, and Brown and Gibson, plus Gibson sparked last year in the playoffs, remember what Jerome James did in the playoffs with Seattle a few years back? He got at least a double-double a game, I would not be surprised if Gibson goes back to how he was before the playoffs.
Jerome James is a beast... He could probably still put up decent numbers if he was actually given playing time. Notice how he only gets probably 2-3 MPG in New York.

VC3

Charmander CHAR CHAR!
Reaction score
He's not overrated at all. He did exactly what we boasted about. His main "thing" is shooting and thats what he did for us in preseason, and he did it well.

As for replacing Pavlovic, he will when it comes to the offensive side of the ball, but he cant play defense as well as Pavlovic.
This guy is so overrated. I've only seen him play once in summer league. All the NYK fans boasted about him and until I see him play during the season and actually do good, he is overrated. Cavs needed this due to the ridiculous holdouts by Pavlovic and Varejao.
You must have missed that. ;)

'Nuff said.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Actually Brown played very well last season in New Orleans...averaged almost 13 a game.
that doesnt mean anything, have you SEEN him play. He looks like he doesnt belong.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You must have missed that. ;)

'Nuff said.

no I didnt miss it, your shooting ability doesnt change from pre-season to regular season. You should know that much. He hit em when he was open and hit em with a hand in his face.

Now tell me, how will his pre-season shooting change from his season shooting? :blink:

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What the Cavs need is a true Point Gaurd.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jerome James is a beast... He could probably still put up decent numbers if he was actually given playing time. Notice how he only gets probably 2-3 MPG in New York.
And somehow if he was a beast you'd think he would get more time? There is a reason he is only getting 2-3 minutes.....cause he stinks.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And somehow if he was a beast you'd think he would get more time? There is a reason he is only getting 2-3 minutes.....cause he stinks.
Actually, it's because he's always out of shape.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well then his physical fitness stinks....but still if he wanted to get in shape, I bet he knows what to do.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Considering Nichols is starting the season on the Inactive List, the only person he'll be replacing will be somebody who gets injured...

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea but look at the other teams' inactive lists.....Kobe Bryant....JR Smith....they will change pretty quick.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
But Kobe is injured and JR is suspended, Nichols is there because he's not part of the rotation at this point...

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kobe says he is injured....I bet its not that bad. No pain no game. But I still think Nichols will be able to crack the rotation sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%