Carmelo Anthony headed to trading block?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Carmelo Anthony has one more year left on his contract with the Denver Nuggets before he can opt out and become an unrestricted free agent. The Nuggets are feeling like he may do just that so they are "prepared to trade Melo rather than let him walk" next summer, according to a source for the Denver Post.
Anthony will make $17 million this season. The Nuggets have been trying to sign him to a $65 million extension that would have him in Denver through 2015, the Post reports. If Anthony says no to that offer, which is on the table right now, the Post reports that the team could consider talking trade.
Anthony averaged 28.2 points, 6.6 rebounds and 3.2 assists last season.

Source: Denver Post
I think this will eventually happen, the Nuggets will have to get the most out of Carmelo and that will be through a trade.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think the Nuggets are smart by addressing this ahead of time instead of waiting till the last minute, but dumb for making this public (if its true)

Overall, I can see Melo re-signing, they have a good young core with JR, Nene and Ty Lawson, so I think that and Billups will ultimately get him to re-sign.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
hes not gonna leave. not anytime soon, anyways.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
I think Carmelo will follow Pierce's footsteps and stay with Denver until his career is just about over. Denver is a solid team, they're just lacking a few things.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
3/65M extension?

no way he declines that

X-_-Facter45

Reaction score
if CP3 goes to the big apple so will he but then its just gunna be heat,knicks,lakers, n boston thats it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%