Cam Newton or Blaine Gabbert?

Mooche

Reaction score
This is going to be one hot topic as we continue to move forward to April.

So.

Who do you guys like more moving to the pros, and if the Panthers do snag a QB, who do you guys think the best option is for them?

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Neither. I don't feel like either of them are can't miss.

Mooche

Reaction score
Neither. I don't feel like either of them are can't miss.
Of course neither of them are can't miss. I don't feel either of them are basically first overall selection grades, but basing the comparison, who would you rather have leading your football team moving forward?

There is a realistic chance one of these guys are holding up a Carolina Panthers uniform. There is a chance.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Probably Cam Newton if I HAD to pick one.
As a fan, I'd be much more excited with Cam Newton than Gabbert.
Gotta make the fans happy.

Talent wise though, meh.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Gotta go with Cam. He has more athleticism and I believe his skill will somehow translate into the NFL despite what everyone says

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If I had to pick one, I'd go with Gabbert. And yes that is mainly because i'm a BAMA fan.

Mooche

Reaction score
I really don't know what you guys see in Blaine...

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd take Blaine over Cam.. He's got a quick release, strong arm and good short-mid range accuracy. Also he isn't given enough credit for how athletic he is.

Brutalis

"Take heart, or I will take it from you." - BN
Reaction score
Cam = dud. College QB nothing more. Dude should shift that talent and throwing the ball 100mph into some accuracy.

Gabbert, easy.

Brutalis

"Take heart, or I will take it from you." - BN
Reaction score
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2011/insider/columns/story?columnist=joyner_kc&id=6178028&action=upsell&appRedirect=http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2011/insider/columns/story%3fcolumnist%3djoyner_kc%26id%3d6178028

I like the guys that don't lick popularities ass.

He says that he has terrible footwork, as displayed against us whenever he made an 8 yard drop instead of 9, which lead to the pocket collapsing on him and he overthrew a pass that would have been a TD

Next was a lack of urgency in his backpedal. It took him 2.1 seconds on one play-action pass to actually start to look upfield.

Lastly, he doesn't step into passes to avoid conflict.

Joyner ends with

"Whether or not those comments come with a Tebow-like case of buyer's remorse will depend on if that team was foolish enough to invest a first-round pick on Newton's potential."

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2011/insider/columns/story?columnist=joyner_kc&id=6178028&action=upsell&appRedirect=http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2011/insider/columns/story%3fcolumnist%3djoyner_kc%26id%3d6178028

I like the guys that don't lick popularities ass.

He says that he has terrible footwork, as displayed against us whenever he made an 8 yard drop instead of 9, which lead to the pocket collapsing on him and he overthrew a pass that would have been a TD

Next was a lack of urgency in his backpedal. It took him 2.1 seconds on one play-action pass to actually start to look upfield.

Lastly, he doesn't step into passes to avoid conflict.

Joyner ends with

"Whether or not those comments come with a Tebow-like case of buyer's remorse will depend on if that team was foolish enough to invest a first-round pick on Newton's potential."
We know, we know.

"If it ain't Mallett, I ain't listening"

Mooche

Reaction score
Cam = dud. College QB nothing more. Dude should shift that talent and throwing the ball 100mph into some accuracy.

Gabbert, easy.
Your boy Ryan Mallett could use the same exact advice, my friend..

The hilarious thing about this Gabbert hype is all his "production." Cam Newton played in a running offense apparently, but take a look at his numbers..

Gabbert had 16 TDs and 9 INTs last season. The guy actually slowed down his production heading into his Junior year.

He's the product of a system, and it's quite clear, look at these guys like Chase Daniel who have gone through Missouri and put up BIG time numbers -- more impressive overall from Chase compared to Blaine.

As for some things to chew on, for the potential elite QB in this Draft, look how he was against the Nation in some categories.

QB Rating: 64th

Yards/Game: 25th

Yards/Attempt: 78th

Completion %: 32nd

TDs: 57th

INTs: 41st

Yards: 21st

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%