Bynum Hasn't Ruled Out Staying With 6ers

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Andrew Bynum has not ruled out re-signing with the Philadelphia 76ers once free agency begins on July 1, according to the player's agent.

"I don't see why not," Bynum's agent, David Lee, said when asked whether or not Bynum would consider signing an extension with the 76ers this summer. "I still feel like the ball is in their court."

Bynum, who had arthroscopic surgery on both knees last month to remove debris, hasn't played a single game for the 76ers after coming over in a trade with the Los Angeles Lakers last August.

"Philadelphia has been terrific to us – from [majority owner] Josh Harris to [CEO/co-owner] Adam Aron to [general manager] Tony DiLeo," Lee said. "The only way that Philadelphia would not be an option would be if they decided that they wanted to go in another direction."

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
He owes them some damn minutes and should sign to a reasonable contract.

RManske2

Reaction score
Well of course he's not going to rule out signing with them since they can offer him a contract just like any other team.  Whether or not the Sixers give him enough reasons to stay (translation:  money) remains to be seen.

Although, if I were the Sixers I can't say I would be so keen on signing him after everything that has happened this year.  While I am sure there is a lot more to the story, if the guy isn't on the floor during his contract year what is he going to be like after he collects a big paycheck?  Buyer beware...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%