Status
Not open for further replies.

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
Bulls Turn Their Attention To Johnson, Thibodeau
May 11, 2008 - 2:25 am
Chicago Tribune -
Having lost out on gaining the services of Mike D'Antoni, K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune is reporting that the Bulls are turning their efforts towards former Mavs coach Avery Johnson and Boston assistant Tom Thibodeau.

While no formal interview has been scheduled as of Friday night, Bulls GM John Paxson has reached out to Johnson's representatives. Some believe that Johnson, who is still owed $12 million from Dallas, may take a year off before taking another position.

While D'Antoni was an attractive proposition for Chicago, the Bulls have been looking for a coach who focuses on defense, which fits both Johnson and Thibodeau.
I think Avery would fit in nicely with this team. I also heard that the Bulls might be going after Mark Jackson as well.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Pistons are going to be <Censored> outta luck if they don't win it all. Cause they will fire Flip and then have no coaches to replace.
But I don't see that happening.

But yeah, this would be a great sign for the Bulls.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If any place for Avery is a good fit, it's here. Because Scott SKiles believe it or not is more demanding then Avery. And Avery is a better coach then Skiles was. This won't be the run and gun athletic team though, Avery will try and go get a big guy to. Because that's his philosophy. Had Duncan and Robinson when he was a player, tried to turn Dirk into Duncan type, so Bulls would probably need to go get a big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%