Bulls, Lakers talking daily about Kobe

Status
Not open for further replies.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sure if they trade Kobe they won't win a championship this season. But if they don't trade Kobe and he just walks a way, will they ever win again? I mean picture the Lakers without Kobe now. How good is that team? You have to get some kind of value for him. Gordon, Thomas, Nocioni, and Noah are all good players that will help the Lakers win a few years down the road. Which three year stretch would you rather have? -

2007: 40 wins
2008: 40 wins
2009: 20 wins

2007: 30 wins
2008: 45 wins
2009: 50 wins

Like I said, there really isn't an option...
Man you never told me you could predict the frickin future. Can you tell me the name of my sole mate too?

And it doesn't matter if they don't win the Championship. No matter how far you get.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
PM7 wtf is your problem?
Kobe is extremely unhappy right now. He wasnt even at the game last night (playing or sitting on the bench)

Kobe's time in LA is up, and I cant wait til a trade goes down

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Like you've been saying? Let things play out? LOL How have you been letting things play out in your arguments? You refuse to trade Kobe, you want an option of which Kobe stays and we build around him which in real life, with the way things are working and the talks going on, isn't happening. You have an argument, you have an opinion and an option of how you want things to happen. In no way are you arguing of just letting things play out, you're just back pedaling now.

The situation right now is that Kobe wants a winning team which right now this team is not a winning team. Kobe isn't happy, its only preseason but when was the last time that Kobe played like complete crap even in preseason? Kobe has played hard preseason or not ever since he came into the league.

Brently22

Reaction score
Ok....Even if they trade Kobe He wont be on a Championship team(the other team would have to trade there best players)...He is the best player in the league... its common sense to build around the best player!!! IF THE LAKERS TRADE KOBE it will haunt them look back throught the years Wilt, Kareem, Shaq, Moses Malone, Oscar Robinson, Bill Russell, Clyde Drexler all were traded as there teams superstar and all went on to win championships with there new teams. Kobe is just spoiled and so are all the laker fans with all the championships. I mean the lakers have three championships this decade and still have a playoff team. I think the team is improving and can get some help to win a championship soon everyone just needs to be patient including Kobe and Jerry Buss.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This isn't an official rumor, but here's a trade I find interesting...

Kobe Bryant to Atlanta for Joe Johnson and Josh Smith

Atlanta is a city that needs a star, Kobe is just right for that.

Joe Johnson when he is the man can score a lot, as shown by his 25 ppg in Atlanta.

Josh Smith is arguably the best defender and dunker in the league, plus he'll be good for 7+ rebounds and 15+ points. He has a bit of an attitude problem, but so did Dennis Rodman and even Michael Jordan in the beginning.

I'd love to see this go down... Lakers would accept no problem because not only do they free up about 4 mill in cap room, but they get a scorer in return (who can actually play some point, he'll score 23+, dish 4 assists, rebound 4) and one of the best young stars in the league in Smith.

I think the Hawks would do it... They'd be reluctant to trade Smith, but he's had attitude problems with the coaches and teammates, and he's in the last year of his rookie contract... The last time Atlanta had a star (Domonique) the city was thriving and so were the Hawks.

Only problem is, would Kobe accept this deal?

Law - Bryant - Childress/Williams - Horford - Pachulia/Williams

They'd win 30-40 this year and in 2 years, Horford will be like Tim Duncan, or maybe a young Shaq Kobe will be scoring 28+ still, and Law will be like a better Derek Fisher... Shelden will be rebounding 10 and blocking 2 and Childress will be getting 15/6/3/1/1... And the Hawks would be winning 45 games.

Crittenton/Farmar - Johnson - Odom/Smith - Smith/Odom - Bynum/Brown/Mihm

IDK I really like it, but will Kobe?

This just shows how bored I am.

Sabbath

Reaction score
The Bulls aren't trading for Kobe until they see how their first 15-20 games play out, unless the lakers lower their asking price.

Kobe for Ben Gordon, Andres Nocioni, Joakim Noah, Tyrus Thomas, and a 1st round pick is jsut way too much. Anything with Deng and another player is way too much.

It would have to be something like kobe for Ben Gordon, Andres Nocioni, and Joakim Noah would be realistic.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Anything with Deng and another player is way too much.
Why? They're not having any progress on signing Deng and they might be like the Lakers will be in 2 years if they keep Kobe... Sure, Deng is good, but what's so hard about giving him up for Kobe?

Sabbath

Reaction score
Why? They're not having any progress on signing Deng and they might be like the Lakers will be in 2 years if they keep Kobe... Sure, Deng is good, but what's so hard about giving him up for Kobe?
because the Bulls would be better with Deng and let's say Tyrus Thomas then they would be with Kobe.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
because the Bulls would be better with Deng and let's say Tyrus Thomas then they would be with Kobe.
I highly doubt that.

Besides, what makes you so sure that you'll resign Deng? Don't you need Gordon also? And you already have a lot of money tied in to Big ben and hinrich...

Sabbath

Reaction score
I highly doubt that.

Besides, what makes you so sure that you'll resign Deng? Don't you need Gordon also? And you already have a lot of money tied in to Big ben and hinrich...
No, the Bulls don't need Gordon ,the bulls need Deng. If we get a trade involving Gordon and a player or two, then I'll be happy, but deng is just too good. deng has the chance of becoming a Kevin Garnett type player and he provides the little bit of low post offense we have as well as long range.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Bulls don't need Gordon? Take him out of the equation, and the Bulls become a 6-8 seed.

Sabbath

Reaction score
The Bulls don't need Gordon? Take him out of the equation, and the Bulls become a 6-8 seed.
The Bulls need Deng more then they need Ben Gordon. and If we did trade Deng away for Kobe, what do you do with Ben Gordon, use him as a sub for Kobe?

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Bulls need Deng more then they need Ben Gordon. and If we did trade Deng away for Kobe, what do you do with Ben Gordon, use him as a sub for Kobe?
The Bulls do need Deng more than Gordon... But do they need Deng and Thomas more than they need Gordon, Hinrich and Noah/Thomas? I don't think so...

To be honest, I think the Bulls are better off not getting Kobe... Best player in the league for sure, but getting him will require them to dismantle a team that hopes to be in title contention... Figure it'll take 2 starters + great prospects to get him... And then what? Is Kobe + Gordon + Ben Wallace that much better than Kobe + Odom + Bynum? I honestly don't think so.

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
I hope the Bulls trade away Deng and Gordon, and either Thomas or Noah. It would help the Pistons out imo. Kobe would change the offense completely yes, but I think he would ruin the chemistry of the team as well.

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
And then what? Is Kobe + Gordon + Ben Wallace that much better than Kobe + Odom + Bynum? I honestly don't think so.
Yeah it would be a lot better. 1 main reason why is because they would be in the East and not the West. The Bulls would still have a lot more depth and young talent then the Lakers even if they trade for Kobe.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Duhon - Bryant - Deng - Smith - Wallace

Hinrich - Gordon - Deng - Thomas - Wallace

which would you rather have if you want to win? It's pretty clear to me.

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
Duhon - Bryant - Deng - Smith - Wallace

Hinrich - Gordon - Deng - Thomas - Wallace

which would you rather have if you want to win? It's pretty clear to me.
That wasn't your question. It was is Kobe+Gordon+Ben Wallace better then Kobe+Odom+Bynum.

I'd rather have the second one sure, because you get to keep your team chemistry and your depth. I'm pretty sure I said I would rather have the Bulls do the trade, because I thought it would be better for the Pistons.

Sabbath

Reaction score
To be honest, I think the Bulls are better off not getting Kobe... Best player in the league for sure, but getting him will require them to dismantle a team that hopes to be in title contention... Figure it'll take 2 starters + great prospects to get him... And then what? Is Kobe + Gordon + Ben Wallace that much better than Kobe + Odom + Bynum? I honestly don't think so.
I agree with you 100% there.

nelsogotskillz

Reaction score
ok...i haven't been in on this conversation that much, because i never thought the Bulls would get Kobe. I still don't. But if Paxson (who is one of the most overrated GMs in the league) wants to do something right, then he needs to build an 01 Sixers team around Kobe.

For this to happen, he CANNOT trade Hinrich or Ben Wallace (they can trade Wallace, but they need a replacement at center). He must keep either Noah or Thomas. Deng is a much larger asset to hold onto than Gordon, but if the trade must be made, then Deng probably will have to be given up.

here's what i think happens:

trade

Bulls line-up

C: Pau Gasol
PF: Joakim Noah
SF: Andres Nocioni
SG: Kobe Bryant
PG: Kirk Hinrich

Lakers line-up

C: Andrew Bynum
PF: Ben Wallace
SF: Tyrus Thomas
SG: Luol Deng
PG: Derek Fisher or Chris Duhon

Grizzlies line-up:

C: Kwame Brown or Darko
PF: Hakim Warrick
SF: Rudy Gay
SG: Ben Gordon
PG: Mike Conley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%