Bulls and Heat discussed trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacdiv

Reaction score
So we get rid of 2 good players (Gordon / Noah) to dump Larry Hughes 2 year deal for a 1 year rental of a good player (Marion) and a bad contract (banks).It would clearly be a one year rental of marion since his $$ demands are well known and the reason for Miami trading him. However, Bulls could get lucky & deal him to a contender at the trade deadline but that isn't likely.We add another forward to an already crowded 3/4 slot, lose our only real center, and get less with a truly mediocre backcourt as well. Sorry, but Rose/Hinrich/Thabo isn't going to get it done. No horrible deal. On the other hand we let go Marion and Gooden at the end of the season and make a run at Boozer but the chances aren't good.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wouldn't go far enough to call Noah a real center.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I also wouldn't go far enough to start Alonzo Mourning... He won't be back until January they say.

Ben Gordon has no value to a team like Miami... Or anyone else that would trade for him. Any team that gets him will be recieving a package of Gordon (a 6th man), and either Hughes/Noah/Gooden, who are all mediocre starters or above average bench players, while giving up a star.

Gordon will stay in CHI.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I also wouldn't go far enough to start Alonzo Mourning... He won't be back until January they say.

Ben Gordon has no value to a team like Miami... Or anyone else that would trade for him. Any team that gets him will be recieving a package of Gordon (a 6th man), and either Hughes/Noah/Gooden, who are all mediocre starters or above average bench players, while giving up a star.

Gordon will stay in CHI.
Something we agree upon. :rolleyes:

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
You people act like Alonzo Mourning is going to be able to play next season. HE'S DONE.

And this is not a good trade for Miami. They have little front-court depth as is, I don't think they'd trade it away to get two players that are combo guards just like D-Wade, and Joakim Noah. They just signed Marion to a contract as well.

pacdiv

Reaction score
I wouldn't go far enough to call Noah a real center.
He's The Bulls real center and the only one taller and has the size of a center is Aaron Gray so yeah they'd be sort of screwed if they let go of Noah.

R6Vox

Reaction score
This trade would be terrible for both teams.

Gordon/Hughes/Noah are too good to give up for Shawn Marion and a bench warmer.

The Bulls would lose their only true center they have and their two scorers in Gordon and Hughes.

If Miami took this trade, they might not have enough room to sign Carlos Boozer as planned next season.

The Bulls just need to find someplace to dump Larry Hughes and somehow give Gordon a slightly better deal and then everyone will be happy.

Also, Zo is done. Retire the man's jersey and lets move on.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jamaal Magloire might be able to revamp his career. Zo is done and Mark Blount really isn't anything. With Wade getting all the attention Jamaal might be able to average 10 and 10 again.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
And why would the downgrade their PF position like that? This ISN'T a good trade.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol Kraig, why are you so high on Magloire?
i swear ever since his all-star year, he's been non-existant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%