buffalo sings CJ Spiller

Status
Not open for further replies.

CNassassin2145

Reaction score
It took a lot of give and take over the past week or so between the Bills and the C.J. Spiller camp, but after painstaking efforts on both sides Buffalo’s top draft choice has been signed.

“It feels great," Spiller told Buffalobills.com. "First off I just have to give thanks to God. He’s the one that made all this possible. It was a tough time, but at the same time it was all business and everybody was working around the clock to make sure that a deal was able to get done so I could get to training camp be with my teammates and get to work.”

The ninth overall pick in the 2010 draft, Spiller was one of just two remaining unsigned first-round picks along with Seattle’s Russell Okung. Buffalo’s top pick has missed the first full week of training camp, and admitted it wasn't easy waiting it out.

“Oh yeah because football is what I’ve always done," said Spiller. "Around this time back at Clemson we would’ve started camp. Sitting there waiting to get that call of course is difficult. But that’s why I had my daughter with me so she could take some of those thoughts away and some of that distraction.”

Despite missing 12 practices Spiller did what he could to stay sharp by keeping in contact with a handful of his teammates.

"Even though I wasn’t here physically I still wanted to try to make sure I was here mentally," said Spiller. "I did a great job of staying in contact with Trent (Edwards), Fred (Jackson) and Joique (Bell), and all the guys were supportive of me. They all told me to make sure that I handled myself professionally and once I get here be ready to go to work.”

Spiller signed his deal in Pittsford Friday afternoon and immediately joined his teammates for meetings. He’s expected to be in attendance at the team’s night practice this evening.

“He did a great job in OTAs and minicamps,” said head coach Chan Gailey. “But being here now is a different game.”

“The main thing is just to continue to just go work hard," Spiller said. "Of course it’s going to be different, now you’ve got the pads on. Coach’s famous motto is it’s a tough game for tough people, but I’m looking forward to it. So I’m just going to continue to do what I do and that’s work hard and show my teammates that I’m excited to be here.”
do u think this was a good singing i do because we r a running team now so CJ joing the mix of lynch n jackson they will be amazing together n be hard to stop.

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
:speak:

three good running backs gets you nowhere without a better oline

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
Went to Bills training camp today and saw the guy. He's deff got an extra gear that marshawn and fred jackson don't have. But of course, Trent threw like 12 interceptions so the Bills still aren't going anywhere. =)

CNassassin2145

Reaction score
Went to Bills training camp today and saw the guy. He's deff got an extra gear that marshawn and fred jackson don't have. But of course, Trent threw like 12 interceptions so the Bills still aren't going anywhere. =)
woooooooooow really that sucks but like we wont be using trent that often considering that we r a running team now

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
woooooooooow really that sucks but like we wont be using trent that often considering that we r a running team now
lol

you cant be a running team with 3 good backs and <Censored>ty line

also you will need your QB to perform at some point to accomplish anything. im actually a fan of trent, and he gets more hate then anyone when alot of the problem is the line.

yezzir

Reaction score
Trent really is trash dude. Honestly believe they should give Brian Brohm a chance.

Mooche

Reaction score
Brohm is a talented guy. I wouldn't go as far as saying Trent is trash yet.. Really, he hasn't had much luck in his career and the position he is in with those Bills teams, it is tough to succeed. He's a smart quarterback, with a nice arm and I think given the right chance he may do well.

Reaction score
Brohm is a talented guy. I wouldn't go as far as saying Trent is trash yet.. Really, he hasn't had much luck in his career and the position he is in with those Bills teams, it is tough to succeed. He's a smart quarterback, with a nice arm and I think given the right chance he may do well.
He needs to start growing a pair and not throw checkdowns.

Mooche

Reaction score
When you have absolutely no wide receivers to even mention.. It is tough man.

yezzir

Reaction score
He needs to start growing a pair and not throw checkdowns.
Lmao exactly what I said when I was watching him yesterday at training camp. Every single pass he completed was a check down and not once did he complete one past 10 yards, at least not to an offensive player. I mean come on, it's training camp and he's too scared.

Reaction score
Lmao exactly what I said when I was watching him yesterday at training camp. Every single pass he completed was a check down and not once did he complete one past 10 yards, at least not to an offensive player. I mean come on, it's training camp and he's too scared.
Yup exactly right. He will be benched this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%