B's Savard still out for 11-12 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

germany00

Preds 2013?
Reaction score
Boston Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli does not expect Marc Savard to play this coming season, Fluto Shinzawa of the Boston Globe reports.

Savard played 25 games last season, but his campaign started late because of symptoms from a concussion in 2009-10 and ended in January after another concussion.
"Marc Savard won't play this year," Chiarelli told Shinzawa on Wednesday. "Nothing has changed in our monitoring. He'll be examined and he'll be declared unfit to play."

The 34-year-old center had two goals and 10 points last season. In the four seasons before his first concussion in March 2010, Savard averaged more than 89 points and was considered one of the top passers in the League.

A two-time All-Star, Savard has five seasons remaining on his contract with the Bruins. Shinzawa also reported Savard is not expected to be there for the start of training camp for Boston.

"Based on what I see, what I hear, what I read, and what I'm told, it's very unlikely Marc will play again," Chiarelli said. "Now, knowing the uncertainty of this injury, there's always a chance [he could play]. But based on what I'm told, it's very unlikely he'll play. As an employer, I support him and hope he gets back to living a healthy life."
WOW, i know it was the right thing to do but this could hurt the bruins, they did well without him most of last season, but i was hoping he would be fine in 2011-2012 :(

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This shouldn't be much of a shock to anyone here though. We've know/speculated since he went down again last season that it was over.

Really sad too because Savy was a tremendous playmaker and you could clearly see he was missed on the PP.

germany00

Preds 2013?
Reaction score
Wow, so sad. I just heard on the radio that they dont expect him to ever play again :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%