Bryce Harper suspended one game

BrewCrewFan

Reaction score
Suspended one game and fined for his actions towards an umpire the other night. He will appeal. 

Nonsense

Reaction score
Seriously. They're suspending a guy for hurting someone's feelings? If it's not on camera, no one cares. Sure, he should have handled himself better, but a suspension is dumb.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
He's not supposed to go back on the field, and cursed out an umpire.

Doesn't matter if it was caught on camera, you can't do that.

People don't understand why some people hate Bryce, but things like this make it hard not to hate him. He needs to grow up.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I'm fine with that, but he seems really immature. Then again I don't see him play every day, so maybe I'm wrong.

lilbravesfan22

Reaction score
Pretty sure 80% of players have said "fuck you" to an umpire before. 

Senators26

Reaction score
Kinsler was suspended one game in 2010 for coming onto the field to celebrate a walk off after being ejected. He appealed and won. So there's a precedent set. However, not sure they'll overturn it this time around due to him cussing out the ump

Nonsense

Reaction score
They'll want to make an example of him, so i'm sure they'll uphold it, but if the game is over, who cares who is on the field?

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Maybe its more of the league demanding respect of its umpires?

If this isnt punishable, then wheres the line?

Idc either way, just my thinking of the league handing its suspension

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
"Playing with emotion" and being a fucking moron are two completely different things. He should have gotten more. Punk kid who thinks the world revolves around him. 

Of course this suspension isn't just because he came back onto the field. He's got a reputation for showing up umpires, and the MLB isn't going to stand for it. You can't place people in authority and have them undermined constantly without any repercussions. 

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Exactly. I'm all for showing emotion in the game, I'm fine with celebrations & bat flipping, mouthing off an opponent or pitcher or whatever - but you have to draw a line somewhere. He's the biggest star in the game right now, the most recognizable athlete in the league - If he curses out an umpire without repercussions that doesn't reflect very well on the league. 

Any time you become a face of the league and a superstar the league is going to be a bit tougher on you. It should be that way for every league. And the league has a CBA with the umpires as well so they need to maintain a relationship with them, and back them up. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%