Bryant: I'd Go To Italy For $50M

Status
Not open for further replies.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If he left he would really hurt his rep because in his quest to be GOAT. He wouldn't really be playing against his best competition and isn't he already rich enough? having more and more money just makes u look greedy and selfish towards ur country, league, team and fans.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Now i was with you stunna until you said it makes him look greedy. Look man i wouldnt blame him. 50 mill is a whole lot of money. He's on that GED mission. And for those who dont know that means
Get Every Dollar.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I could see Kobe leaving, but not now. maybe in like 5 years after his next contract.
Kobe and LeBron are feeding into the international media.

"would you come and play in my country over in Europe?"
kobe: hell no. no offense, i just dont like Europe enough to play pro ball

yeah he'd say that right?
more like: "Sure why not? 50M of course i'd go"
Italy's highest paid player is at 3M. you think they'd fork out 50M in a year? doubtful.

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
We're all probably blowing this outta proportion like mexi said. He was just saying the right thing.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If you got offered 50 million to play basketball in Italy, would you do it?

I think we all know the answer...
No, I wouldn't leave my family, friends, and the greatest country in the world for $50 million....when I already have made, and will continue to make, millions in salary and endorsement right here, in the good old U.S.A.

yezzir

Reaction score
How long are the league's seasons over there? Just wondering

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
No, I wouldn't leave my family, friends, and the greatest country in the world for $50 million....when I already have made, and will continue to make, millions in salary and endorsement right here, in the good old U.S.A.
Well most people would, IDK what you're smoking. You're probably just saying that to protect your arguement...

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Exactly!

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well that greatest country in the world is an opinion really. Kobe grew up in Italy though to.

Skill level in Europe is not as good as it is here, but fundamentals are a huge aspect in the game over there. I mean Stern does want to make this a worldwide game.

Maybe something like this ties in with his plan to MAYBE having teams oversea in the NBA

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Maybe something like this ties in with his plan to MAYBE having teams oversea in the NBA
Thats what they were saying yesterday on ESPN, with all the players opting to leave for Europe, its most likley going to speed up Stern's plan to get an NBA team over there.

But even though Kobe says he would, idk think he actually would leave. Now 50mil is enough to change your mind, but until Kobe wins a NBA championship, with him as the main guy, his job isnt done....

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well most people would, IDK what you're smoking. You're probably just saying that to protect your arguement...
No, I just wouldn't ever choose to live a foreign Country if I didn't have to. Kobe will never be poor, I think we can all agree on that. $50 million is a lot of money and money does talk but you guys are making your arguments as if Kobe is some "average Joe" who has dogsh*t for a checking account.

Look...it's like Microsoft...Microsoft, believe it or not, has lost millions of dollars on Xbox. From how much they've spent in product development, research, marketing, you name it...they haven't ever come close to making the type of profit they would need to pay it all back. You may think Microsoft is crazy to do that but Bill Gates doesn't care that he loses money on Xbox, he's just happy that his company is one of the "big dogs" in the industry. Bill Gates will always lose money on Xbox but he already has a ton of money as it is...so why should he ever let Xbox's loss make him want to close it down?

Kobe doesn't need $50 million to play in Italy, he's already wealthy, and always will be. A lot of you guys are talking out of your @sses on this one and not looking at the bigger picture. To say you would make the jump, while your thinking about all that money, living with your parents, the car don't have, the sh*t you could buy is one thing.....but being Kobe Bryant and already having f*ck you money is another thing.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
No, I just wouldn't ever choose to live a foreign Country if I didn't have to. Kobe will never be poor, I think we can all agree on that. $50 million is a lot of money and money does talk but you guys are making your arguments as if Kobe is some "average Joe" who has dogsh*t for a checking account.

Look...it's like Microsoft...Microsoft, believe it or not, has lost millions of dollars on Xbox. From how much they've spent in product development, research, marketing, you name it...they haven't ever come close to making the type of profit they would need to pay it all back. You may think Microsoft is crazy to do that but Bill Gates doesn't care that he loses money on Xbox, he's just happy that his company is one of the "big dogs" in the industry. Bill Gates will always lose money on Xbox but he already has a ton of money as it is...so why should he ever let Xbox's loss make him want to close it down?

Kobe doesn't need $50 million to play in Italy, he's already wealthy, and always will be. A lot of you guys are talking out of your @sses on this one and not looking at the bigger picture. To say you would make the jump, while your thinking about all that money, living with your parents, the car don't have, the sh*t you could buy is one thing.....but being Kobe Bryant and already having f*ck you money is another thing.
First off, Italy is by no means a foreign country for Kobe, he grew up there. And I don't care how much money Kobe has made, is making, or will make. If an Italian team offered him 50 million, he'd go. Read the topic title if you don't believe me...

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I agree wit AE Kobe is already rich and has endorsements goin for him so why get more money? Doesn't he already have enough? Thats where I think greed steps in because that money could go somewhere else and really wat would it help him to buy that he doesn't already have?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Even so, Bryant conceded that it would be “Almost impossible … very difficult …” to leave the Lakers, who are primed to make a run at multiple championships over the next several years.
the part of the article they dont want you to read

yezzir

Reaction score
Well yeah exactly. No way do I see Kobe even considering this for too long unless he's won a couple more championships with this team (or at least played a few more seasons to see if they could remain a possible contender in the future)

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
First off, Italy is by no means a foreign country for Kobe, he grew up there. And I don't care how much money Kobe has made, is making, or will make. If an Italian team offered him 50 million, he'd go. Read the topic title if you don't believe me...
Yeah...and I am sure Kobe's kids would just love to ship off to Italy and spend their Junior High years there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%