Brian Johnson

BigDmo

Reaction score

I thought I did pretty decent. The quality isn't really up with you guys but like I said this is my first EVER attempt at making a sig. Its an original idea, made it up as I went, even the stocks are random. Anyway, would love some comments on it, good, bad, I can take it since I'm not an aspiring graphic artist.

B.Rich

Reaction score
For a first sig, this is great...of course I'm just comparing it to my first sig.Try to work on lighting and try to keep the text closer together. And good call on keeping the text clean and simple. Most people who try to make a sig for the first time will look for some crazy text they think looks cool but will look bad in a sig.

BigDmo

Reaction score
What part of the sig needs better lighting? Is it too bright?

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
by lighting he means create a focal point with lighting.. look at the Team Balla sig and see how the darks versus lights change on different areas of the work? this creates a "flow" for the eyes of the observer.

right now, I honestly think the lighting and contrast will have to come as you develop. Contrast in coloring that is - lights versus darks..

use the render itself to establish a flow.. for instance, he's looking forward, so maybe he should be placed in the center, with the effects surrounding him on both sides. but, also his arms are in a downward angel from left to right, so maybe try to use effects that flow that same direction

the rest comes with practice, and more practice. observing others' psds and following tuts..

but for starters, this has potential as it's not too basic looking

BigDmo

Reaction score
Thanks Jerrod, I see what you mean now. Yeah for a beginner I thought I did well, I really did what I imagined which isn't really that easy. Actually most of my ideas did come from some sigs that were in my mind, but I really didn't look around. I see the work you guys do and just get so overwhelmed, but it really doesn't seem too hard if you are dedicated and know what you're doing. I'll definitely try some more, maybe when cover season is over again, although it is coming up again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%