Brewers bolster rotation more

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Doug Davis is scheduled to take his physical for the Brewers on Friday.
Davis agreed to terms on a one-year, $4.25 million contract with the club on Wednesday. The deal also includes a $6.5 million option for 2011 and a $1 million buyout. Davis, a 34-year-old southpaw, was 9-14 with a 4.12 ERA and 1.50 WHIP in 34 starts with the Diamondbacks last season.

SOURCE
I only gave this signing its own topic to discuss how impressed I am with what the Brewers have done since they they traded for CC. Trading for CC and making that 2008 run at the post-season was clearly a move showcasing the franchises desire to be a consistently good baseball team and since that move, the good personnel decisions have kept coming. This Davis signing may not seem too major but he's a lefty-arm, crafty vet, uses a lot of movement on his fastball, curve, and a wicked cutter. I really like what Doug Melvin is doing with team and I love their rotation moving forward. A couple of young studs in Gallardo and Parra...mixed in with Wolf, Davis, Suppan, and Bush. No dominant "ace" on this staff but could be one of the most well-rounded arsenals in the NL Central.

Whats really great about the Brewers right now is that it seems since CC played there, more and more free agents are willing to make the move to Milwaukee.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I would like them more if the got Sheets back

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
im with AE
i like what they're doing

they have a great offense so some solid pitching and they got a great shot at that division imo

but they got to lock up prince, idk if they can though

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
im with AE
i like what they're doing

they have a great offense so some solid pitching and they got a great shot at that division imo

but they got to lock up prince, idk if they can though
They may have to play small ball with Prince and sell by the 2011 deadline. Of course, their direction with Prince at that time will depend on how close they may or may not be to playoff contention but I think that the return they'd be looking at with a Price deal...and the fact that Brett Lawrie should be near MLB ready by then, its a move that can be made easier than you would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%