Brent Musburger said..

Mooche

Reaction score
Discovered this again while watching tape of Andrew Luck. In the Oregon game, he said "I haven't seen a more talented collegiate Quarterback since Peyton Manning".

Take his opinion however you want, but what do you guys think?

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Based on what, exactly? Accuracy? Field vision?

There have been plenty of talented QB's in college since Manning. Vick comes to mind. Rivers, Joey Harrington, Carson Palmer, Ken Dorsey, etc. "talented collegiate quarterback" is a fairly broad statement.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ken Dorsey? Doesn't really fit in with those guys...

But anyway, Luck certainly has all the tools to be a superstar QB in the NFL, considering he is the best pure passer in college right now, and he is mobile, but most talented since Peyton? Idk.. hard to say

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Talented collegiate quarterback.

Dorsey was the perfect college QB.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Perfect playing for some of the best teams ever in college and not having to do jack <Censored>..

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Andrew Luck is the real deal in my opinion. Has good mobility, great accuracy, reads opposing defenses well, and makes smart decisions with the football. He's clearly one of the most gifted college QB's I've seen in quite some time, whoever ends up with him is going to be lucky.

Andrew Luck FTW

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Andrew Luck played in a Pro style offense at Stanford so it should carry over to the NFL. Might take awhile to succeed though because he's going to be going to the worst team in the NFL, with a lot of holes/needs. So, I don't expect great things, instantly.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Go back and watch the highlight tapes of the 2001 Miami Hurricanes, Dorsey was the <Censored> in college.

Mooche

Reaction score
It is a very broad statement. I totally agree with you Hurricane.

However, I just see something completely special in this kid. Luck is amazing. He is mature, he is a poised leader and he does a lot of little things right. He is definitely not perfect, and to say he is the best since Peyton is a pretty damn hefty claim.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Oh, I agree. Luck is certainly a very special player. Maybe he means the best NFL prospect at quarterback since Manning. In which case he may be right. Most talented college QB might not be quite so accurate based on all the different schemes that programs have run the past decade and a half.

Mooche

Reaction score
Oh, I agree. Luck is certainly a very special player. Maybe he means the best NFL prospect at quarterback since Manning. In which case he may be right. Most talented college QB might not be quite so accurate based on all the different schemes that programs have run the past decade and a half.
Right. Completely agree with you on this. Ha.

I mean, hell, at this point in time I'd take Cam Newton based on college talent over Luck. Pro game talent, it's a different story, Luck runs away from the competition.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%