Braves trade Maybin to Tigers

lilbravesfan22

Reaction score
mlbbowman: Cameron Maybin has been traded to the Tigers for LHPs Ian Krol and Gabe Speier. This deal will save the #Braves a little more than $6M

Stray32

Reaction score
Love this for the Tigers actually. I wouldn't have complained if we cut Krol, lemme put it that way. And I liked Maybin when we had him before, will just be a 4th outfielder type for us

Raindelay

Has 2 Phones
Reaction score
Krol isn't terrible, he looked like a solid prospect on the Nats. I'm sure he still has some potential.

BRAAP!

Reaction score
Krol is still only 23 years old and is a lefty. He'll provide some value. Braves are in total rebuild mode and it looks like Mallex Smith could wind up being the opening day center fielder now.

Braves will lose 90+ games

Stray32

Reaction score
Yeah I'm not saying he'll never be anything, just that currently he's maddeningly inconsistent so not at all dependable in any situation that matters, over 78 games over two seasons his FIP was 5.17 in 2014 and 5.18 in 2015, he gets a high number of ground balls but also allows a ton of hard contact and has far too many walks... one summary stat from Fangraphs that shows how bad he was is the fact that he had 4 shutdowns and 6 meltdowns, for the meltdowns number to be higher is really bad

For my dad and I Krol was the go-to terrible reliever used to be the butt of Tigers jokes (position formerly held by Phil Coke)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%