Brandon Lloyd Interested in Joining Jaguars.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Been Gone a week due to ban for stupid fucking reasons, seen that this hasn't been posted. It happened during this time.. But yeh, to prove that People actually DO want to come to Jacksonville.

Brandon Lloyd joined Sirius XM Radio this morning to speak with Adam Schein and Rich Gannon on a variety of subjects, but mostly about the impending free agency period which will likely feature Lloyd on the open market. During the interview (which can be heard again tonight at 11 ET) Lloyd spoke highly of new wide receivers coach, Jerry Sullivan and quarterback Blaine Gabbert:

Brandon Lloyd: "My receivers coach in San Francisco, who was very instrumental in my mentality and my preparation and how I view performing in the season, Jerry Sullivan, is back into the NFL and he’s in Jacksonville. They have a potentially, great quarterback who’s developing down there, so a lot of things are factoring in so, this is a very exciting time period."

Quote continued after the jump.

Star-divide

Adam Schein: "Tell me about the Jacksonville possibility, and good job referencing coach Sullivan, but on the flip side I like the hiring of Mike Mularkey, I like the new owner... I'm not necessarily sold on Blaine Gabbert. Why would that be an intriguing situation for you? Obviously you've done your research Brandon and you believe Gabbert can play."

Brandon Lloyd: "Yes he's got a lot of talent. He's got a lot of the measurables and immeasurables, I think. I don't know how they were performing within their offense and how he's progressing with his reads and timing, but from what I was witnessing last year he was making a lot of plays and he was getting the balls to the receivers, and that's the main thing for a young guy. "

H/T to Andy Willis (@ndy_willis) for transcribing the quotes

While it's questionable whether or not Brandon Lloyd will be re-signed by the St. Louis Rams, neither he nor the Rams have ruled out the possibility. He did, though, express an unwillingness earlier in the interview to rejoin the Denver Broncos because of their quarterback situation.

The Jaguars had the opportunity earlier in the season to acquire Lloyd in a trade, but instead the Rams stepped up and made a trade that ended up sending a 5th round pick to Denver to acquire the receiver. While it's possible that the Jaguars weren't interested because of the compensation necessary to acquire Lloyd, Tania Ganguli insists that the reason they didn't go after the receiver was because they "didn't like Lloyd as a player."

Lloyd, 30, was a 2010 All-Pro and Pro Bowl selection, finishing with an NFL-leading 1,448 receiving yards.
http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2012/2/22/2817940/2012-nfl-free-agency-brandon-lloyd-jaguars

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
He also said he would be interested in NE, STL, KC, etc.... everyone but Denver lol

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
He also said he would be interested in NE, STL, KC, etc.... everyone but Denver lol
Yeah, but he wasn't asked about Jacksonville. They was talking about him and NE.. He brought up Jacksonville out of nowhere.

Alot of receivers in the League love the Jerry Sullivan hire.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Brandon Lloyd fits my description perfectly. And let's wait until he signs on the dotted line, sounds like me someone is just trying to drive up their value/not burn bridges.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Brandon Lloyd fits my description perfectly. And let's wait until he signs on the dotted line, sounds like me someone is just trying to drive up their value/not burn bridges.
Jaguars don't want Brandon Lloyd.. they said they wasn't interested in him whenever he said he wouldn't mind coming here. We'll get better than Lloyd.. Much like Colston or Steve Johnson. Just proving that people actually wanna come to Jacksonville.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Lloyd > Stevie

And you wont get Colston
Um no.

Steve >

& Why not? Hes asking for 7 Mill Per Year. Hes a good character guy and thats right up Gene Smiths alley. We'll def have him here for a visit.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Colston's asking for $7M?!?!

wtf, I'd give him $9M in a heatbeat

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
And I still think Stevie is mad overrated. I'd rather have Manningham than Stevie

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Colston's asking for $7M?!?!

wtf, I'd give him $9M in a heatbeat
Yes!

The Colts' five-year contract offer recently rejected by free agent Pierre Garcon reportedly "hovered around" $35 million.
SI.com draft analyst Tony Pauline is just passing along rumblings from the Combine, but if this story is true, Garcon is fooling himself to believe he'd command more than $7 million annually in a historically saturated wideout market. Pauline also passes along "buzz" that Marques Colston, a far superior receiver to Garcon, is pursuing $7 million a year. Garcon should have taken the offer from Indianapolis, and he'll find out why in a couple of weeks.
And I still think Stevie is mad overrated. I'd rather have Manningham than Stevie
Umm, Manningham didn't even start in NY and wasn't/Isn't a #1. Steve is. His only issue is drops sometimes, but its not like Troy Williamson drops. Its just some here, some there.. Hes a #1 though.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I see Stevie as a forced #1, but is better suited as a #2.

And damn, who the hell is going to pay for Wallace's tender of over $10M if Colston is $7M, lol

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
I see Stevie as a forced #1, but is better suited as a #2.

And damn, who the hell is going to pay for Wallace's tender of over $10M if Colston is $7M, lol
Wallace is more dynamic. More explosive, and more of a playmaker.

Stevie is a #1. When his QB was in beastmode early in the year, so was he.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Stevie is a high-end #2 but his stupidity and drops make him not a #1.

Exhibit A, the game he mocked Plax and made like 2 key drops on the last drive when Buffalo could have won the game. You simply can't count on him as a go-to guy.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Stevie is a high-end #2 but his stupidity and drops make him not a #1.

Exhibit A, the game he mocked Plax and made like 2 key drops on the last drive when Buffalo could have won the game. You simply can't count on him as a go-to guy.
He needs to mature, and Jerry Sullivan will just do that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%