Brady Out For Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
OMG, I'm happy being a phin fan and all, but there goes my fantasy team....

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He didn't even get an MRI yet. I'm not saying they can't see whats wrong but just wait untill tomarrow to find out all the details.

But if he is and you sign Daunte maybe the return of Daunte to Moss will save your season.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
Oh yea, I'm gonna go get Duante from the free agent pool. IF true that Brady is really out.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Speculation IMO. If this was for real ESPN would be ALL OVER it, and it's not being mentioned on Football Night in America.

Plus he hasn't had the MRI till tomorrow.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Boston Globe is reporting that he has a mild knee sprain and will be out 2-4 weeks

CurseReversed04

Reaction score
I couldn't find anything on the Globe site but I'll take your word for it Maple. The year seems like a lot. Credible source?

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We’ve received news from a reliable news source, that would like to remain anonymous (initials E.B. who is a writer for the _______ News), that Tom Brady will likely be missing between two and four weeks of the regular season.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I was as angry/scared as any Pats fan when I first saw Brady on the ground...but I'm not going to rule the Pats out of anything yet, if Brady is out for the season. Yes, they will NOT be the team that they've been but I still think this team is capable of making the playoffs. Call me crazy, but I do.

Also, already talk of bringing in Culpepper? Come on guys, give Cassel a chance for crying out loud. For 8 straight years the guy has been a backup because someone has always been in front of him. Now, with Brady out for the very minimum of a couple weeks, he has his chance. If he doesn't do well, bring in Culpepper, but at least give the kid a chance to play.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Plus we all know the Patriots love to mess with our mind in terms of reports. Everything is speculation until the MRI tomorrow

X-Factor

LOST>ALL
Reaction score
Brady out for season, WOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....i hope

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Return of Dante?
<Censored> be tight. I think it will happen.

CurseReversed04

Reaction score
I get text updates from the WEEI Flash. This is what the text said...

WEEI FLASH: An NFL source has told WEEI.com's Rom Borges that Pats QB Tom Brady has a torn ACL in his left knee http://weei.com for more."
I don't know what to think. Torn ACL will mean season ending surgery. However, he did walk off the field AND down stairs. That would be tough with a torn ACL.

I think I'm gonna go with Maple's info on this topic. I really hope he is right.

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
Hopefully he really is out for the season.

bballer13333

Reaction score
I get text updates from the WEEI Flash. This is what the text said...

I don't know what to think. Torn ACL will mean season ending surgery. However, he did walk off the field AND down stairs. That would be tough with a torn ACL.

I think I'm gonna go with Maple's info on this topic. I really hope he is right.
Sportsline.com has reported he might be out for the season and so has one of those NFL Post-Game show.

He didn't really walk off, he was helped off and he put no weight on that knee.

It looked horrible (Carson Palmer vs. Steelers status) and Id say 85% he is done for the year. I am convinced Cassell can do a very nice job for the Pats, he just needs to utilize his receivers and dont turn it over.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hopefully he really is out for the season.
even if he is, the Pats have enough weapons to still win the division with an average QB

bballer13333

Reaction score
sportsline confirmed another report saying Brady has "Major knee damage"

Id say its safe to say he is done.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Looks like my prediction that the Patriots wouldn't make the playoffs this year might come true... The Super Bowl curse is real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%