Bosox's Mock Draft

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Blackmon will easily be a multiple time pro bowler you can take that to the bank.

TTN2810

Reaction score
The media says Jones is better than Blackmon, but Jones isn't even close to the red zone weapon Blackmon is. They each have their strengths. They are pretty equal.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Yeah, I was gonna say, wtf is he talking about? I assume he's talking about the one year David Garrard made the Pro Bowl because of multiple QB drop outs, but he only made it to one, not multiple so I really have no clue.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
And where did you get that 5 list lol? I've heard tons of people say Kalil will never be elite, and isn't close to an elite prospect. He's not even close to a Jake Long.
Was on rotoworld.

One of the "So and So spoke to a highly credible source within an organization picking in the top 10 said that there was only 5 Blue Chip players. 2 QBs , 1 RB, 1 LT, 1 CB.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Yeah, I was gonna say, wtf is he talking about? I assume he's talking about the one year David Garrard made the Pro Bowl because of multiple QB drop outs, but he only made it to one, not multiple so I really have no clue.
He's pretty much stating that making Pro Bowls doesn't mean you're a great player. It happens year in and year out.

Vince Young, David Garrard, Etc.

Like I said, I like Blackmon. You think the dude is some mega redzone threat and a player thats the reincarnation of T.O. He's not.

Blackmon is an "okay" threat in the redzone.

And once again..

An NFL executive tells NFL.com's Albert Breer a "number" of teams have Michael Floyd rated ahead of Justin Blackmon.
TheSidelineView.com's Adam Caplan has "heard similar sentiments." This isn't the first time we've heard teams have Floyd rated ahead of Blackmon, but it's notable that the chatter isn't going away. Both wideouts could be taken in the top ten, and Floyd could indeed go first.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't care what "an NFL executive said". I don't care about anonymous statements like that.

Hell, I don't need to hear what a random exec SAID... You can see what NFL execs have done in the past like taking DHB over Crabtree (I don't care if you think DHB is better... nobody had him over Crabrtree).

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
I don't care what "an NFL executive said". I don't care about anonymous statements like that.

Hell, I don't need to hear what a random exec SAID... You can see what NFL execs have done in the past like taking DHB over Crabtree (I don't care if you think DHB is better... nobody had him over Crabrtree).
Dude, you are so stupid.

Saying NFL Execs took DHB over Crabtree is stupid. It was Al Davis, its clear that he was the only one to fall in love with him. & You know what? He was right.

Ofcourse they get it wrong sometimes in drafts, I'm just going by what they think about THIS draft.

Blackmon isn't an elite prospect, and this is coming from a guy who hopes the Jags take him at 7. He's not. He's a good player, but he's overrated.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Blackmon is easily an elite prospect and he will be a top 10 WR within 3 years you can book that.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Blackmon is easily an elite prospect and he will be a top 10 WR within 3 years you can book that.
Just like we can book that Tim Tebow is great and he'd be the starting QB for the Broncos in 2012?

Blackmon isn't elite.

Body Catches, Doesn't run great routes, not very good size/speed for #1, has some character issues.

Pros?

Good YAC ability, but how will that transfer to the NFL? These corners are bigger, faster, stronger than what he faced in college, doubt he gets by them. Prime example, when he faced Lenoard Johnson from Iowa State, Shut him down except for a few plays here or there.. I love for that to continue in the NFL.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I didn't say 2012, I said 2011... And he did start for them didn't he?

Never said Tebow would be great.

Guess I was wrong that the Jaguars would sign a second rate WR at best right?

Nice job " Dude, you are so stupid." I didn't say anything personally against you at all, glad you feel threatened by me though. Sorry we disagree on player evaluations.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
I didn't say 2012, I said 2011... And he did start for them didn't he?

Never said Tebow would be great.

Guess I was wrong that the Jaguars would sign a second rate WR at best right?

Nice job " Dude, you are so stupid." I didn't say anything personally against you at all, glad you feel threatened by me though. Sorry we disagree on player evaluations.
Lets act as if all I said was that you were stupid and didn't post any other facts or knowledge.

Oh wait.

Threatened? Not really.

& As for the Jags not getting a top WR. I knew they weren't whenever Bowe was franchise, Stevie Johnson got signed, and Colston got signed. I'm fine with Laurent, he'll be a nice #2.

You are wrong though. No NFL Execs wanted DHB over Crabtree. It was just Al Davis. And when you're the owner, you can do shit like that.

jrscfnk

Reaction score
Re: Blackmon...

Ignoring the size, his physicality is what makes him play bigger, not his vertical. He uses his body well and knows how to attack the ball and runs well after the catch.

With that being said, he's not necessarily a separation receiver. I think he might be closer to Anquan Boldin than TO, which isn't bad. I think a TO comparison is reasonable but he's not necessarily that good of a route runner. TO is his ceiling and Boldin is his floor.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Re: Blackmon...

Ignoring the size, his physicality is what makes him play bigger, not his vertical. He uses his body well and knows how to attack the ball and runs well after the catch.

With that being said, he's not necessarily a separation receiver. I think he might be closer to Anquan Boldin than TO, which isn't bad. I think a TO comparison is reasonable but he's not necessarily that good of a route runner. TO is his ceiling and Boldin is his floor.
Boldin is his ceiling and Koren Robinson is his floor.

Boldin is much much much stronger and even better after the catch than Blackmon. Boldin isn't really a great comparison for Blackmon. and Even if he was like Boldin, still wouldn't be worth a top 10 pick.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Matter of a fact, this looks exactly like Blackmon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02maETrfamM

I think Koren Robinson is a great comparison.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
3 years from now

Calvin
Fitz
Wallace
Andre Johnson
AJ Green
Nicks
Marshall
Britt
VJax
Jennings

plus others like Desean, Julio Jones, Bowe, Boldin, Dez, and other players who are still in college or HS that we dont know of yet.

All those named will be better than Blackmon

Top 15 should be Blackmon's goal to strive for, not Top 10

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Koren Robinson - 6'1 , 205 LBS, Ran 40 Time injured at 4.6 so he's probably a late 4.4 Early 4.5. Selected 9th Overall in the 2001 NFL Draft.

Pros.
  • Explosive breakaway threat with impressive leaping ability.
  • Natural hand extender going up for the ball and shows fluid body adjustments coming back for the off-target tosses
  • Very tough and physical going for the ball in a crowd...His upfield acceleration consistently allows him to break tackles
  • Always gets in the defender's way when trying to block for the ground game.

Cons.
  • Concentration on the ball needs improvement, as he does not always get his head turned properly to track the ball in flight.
  • Hesitates at times when he can't escape the press at the line, seeming to give up when his intial move does not work.
  • While he shows quickness in-&-out of his breaks, he will run sloppy routes in the game.
  • Good Citizen, but still needs to mature off the field.

Justin Blackmon - 6'1 , 207 LBS, 4.46 at Proday, but its a fast track so he should be around 4.50 . Will be a top 10 pick in the 2012 NFL Draft.

Sound familiar?

Perfect comparison.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Koren Robinson - 6'1 , 205 LBS, Ran 40 Time injured at 4.6 so he's probably a late 4.4 Early 4.5. Selected 9th Overall in the 2001 NFL Draft.

Pros.
  • Explosive breakaway threat with impressive leaping ability.
  • Natural hand extender going up for the ball and shows fluid body adjustments coming back for the off-target tosses
  • Very tough and physical going for the ball in a crowd...His upfield acceleration consistently allows him to break tackles
  • Always gets in the defender's way when trying to block for the ground game.

Cons.
  • Concentration on the ball needs improvement, as he does not always get his head turned properly to track the ball in flight.
  • Hesitates at times when he can't escape the press at the line, seeming to give up when his intial move does not work.
  • While he shows quickness in-&-out of his breaks, he will run sloppy routes in the game.
  • Good Citizen, but still needs to mature off the field.

Justin Blackmon - 6'1 , 207 LBS, 4.46 at Proday, but its a fast track so he should be around 4.50 . Will be a top 10 pick in the 2012 NFL Draft.

Sound familiar?

Perfect comparison.
Fairly close to Blackmon.

Only major differences is that Blackmon has body catches, which is a negative, and he never showed any major signs of being sloppy in the routes he ran (mostly because they were not challenging in the slightest)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%