bosox's April NBA Mock Draft (Lottery Only)

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score

That will be the order of the draft that I will use. No trades will be in this mock.

1. Orlando Magic: SG Andrew Wiggins, KAN
With Vucevic and Tobias Harris on the roster as solid pieces of the Orlando Magic, it makes sense to take Wiggins over Parker or Embiid. Any team that drafts in the Top 3 picks is getting a great player. Orlando hasn't had a player with Wiggins' athleticism and skill since Tracy McGrady.

2. Boston Celtics: C Joel Embiid, KAN
As much as I want Jabari Parker on the Celtics, I don't see a way you pass on Embiid here. While the most inconsistent starter in the NBA, Jeff Green, needs to be upgraded, the Celtics have a significant hole at shotblocking. With Sullinger and Humphries playing C last year, having someone like Embiid with defensive low post presence is a must. Boston also has a 2nd first rounder, where they can target a SG/SF if they want.

3. Utah Jazz: SF Jabari Parker, DUKE
Welcome to Mormon County, Jabari. Utah desperately needs someone who can create their own shot, and by drafting Parker, they have the option of not picking up a massive Gordon Hayward contract, which will be only bigger now with the new salary cap. Jabari's low post scoring could be a solid duo between him and Derrick Favors, too.

4. Milwaukee Bucks: SG Dante Exum, Intl.
Well, the Bucks were somehow SO bad, that everybody forgot about them, thinking Philly was the worst team in the league. The 15 win Bucks have 3 more total wins than their baseball counterparts, the Brewers, despite that the BrewCrew have 144 more games to play in the season. Exum is the best available player, and his size and ball handling will be a good combo to have with Knight and GreekFreak. 

5. Philadelphia 76ers: PF Julius Randle, UK
For a team that lost 26 consecutive games, the fact they get the #5 seed hurts, badly. But the Sixers have a bright future now, with the two rookie bigs from Kentucky (I believe Noel still has his rookie eligibility), as well as the #10 pick, in addition to ROY probable Michael Carter-Williams. They aren't going to be great this coming year, but if they luck out in next year's lottery; look out.

6. Los Angeles Lakers: PF Noah Vonleh, IND
Kobe is returning from injury, and he has almost no talent around him, at all. All that remains under contract is Kobe, Steve Nash, Kendall Marshall, Robert Sacre, and SwaggyP. While I think the Lakers would like to draft Smart, they need some post presence with Pau Gasol leaving. Vonleh is a versatile bigman who can step out and hit the 3, on put it off the glass for buckets. The Lakers have cap space for days, and maybe they use it on a Carmelo Anthony in the offseason.

7. Sacramento Kings: PF Aaron Gordon, ARZ
This pick is really hard for the Kings, because the six main players they want, have all just been drafted. They just drafted Ben McLemore last year, so another SG doesn't make too much sense. Gordon, while he probably isn't well suited to be a PF, he can definitely play stretch 4 in the league, and he adds great defensive intensity to the team.

8. Detroit Pistons: SG Gary Harris, MSU
The Pistons would love to have taken Marcus Smart here, but I don't think many teams at all would take on Brandon Jennings, so it doesn't make sense to take Smart, since he can't really play too much off ball. By taking Harris, maybe it forces Smith to play more inside, since Harris is the main 3pt shooter? Harris has a lightning quick release, and can be a great shooter in the NBA for a long time. 

9. Cleveland Cavaliers: SF Doug McDermott, CRE
The slide of Marcus Smart continues. In a mock with trades, he's probably gone by #7, but he keeps on falling here. Cavs take the top scorer from college basketball in Doug McDermott, and with McDermott, Waiters, and Irving, they have three really great young scorers on the perimeter. They still need a C, but there isn't one in this draft outside Embiid (thanks, Willie Caulie-Stien). 

10. Philadelphia 76ers: SG Nik Stauskas, MICH
With their 2nd pick, the Sixers take lightning quick, Nik Stauskas, to join MCW in the backcourt. Stauskas is a great ball handler for an off guard, and he is the best shooter in this entire draft. He will space the floor really well offensively for MCW, and now the Sixers are a young SF away from having a great foundation. 

11. Denver Nuggets: SF Rodney Hood, DUKE
Denver goes with Hood, the best available wing player, and together he and Faried provide a lot of athleticism. That's all I got, he was the BPA that wasn't a PG.

12. Orlando Magic: PG Marcus Smart, OSU
And the winner of this mock draft goes to..... Orlando, by a lot. The young trio of Smart, Oladipo, and Wiggins, with Tobias Harris too, is a great rebuild to the post-Dwight Howard era of Orlando. Expect a lot of fast paced basketball in Orlando.

13. Minnesota Timberwolves: SG James Young, UK
Young did a good job in the National Title game at spacing the floor and hitting his shots. He isn't going to be a starter in the league, but he can be a nice athletic bench piece to have. 

14. Phoenix Suns: PF Dario Saric, Intl.
The Suns have a lot of draft picks, and they already stated that it is very unlikely they keep all of their 1st rounders. Drafting Saric, with the intent of having him overseas for one more year, isn't a bad idea at all, especially for a team that should have made the playoffs this year.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Rodney Hood's stock is falling, I'm not sure he's a lottery pick anymore

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Really like the top 5 picks or so. Think Gordon will get his chance at SF in the league at first.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Made an update to my mock, with the actual standings

1. CLE: C Joel Embiid, Kansas
2. MIL: SG Andrew Wiggins, Kansas
3. PHI: SF Jabari Parker, Duke
4. ORL: PG Dante Exum, Intl.
5. UTA: PF Noah Vonleh, Indiana
6. CHA (via BOS): SF Aaron Gordon, Arizona
7. LAL: PG Marcus Smart, Oklahoma State
8. SAC: PF Julius Randle, Kentucky
9. BOS (via CHA): SG Nik Stauskas, Michigan
10. PHI (via NOP): SG Gary Harris, Michigan State
11. DEN: PF Dario Saric. Intl.
12. ORL (via NYK): SF Doug McDermott, Creighton
13. MIN: James Young, Kentucky
14. PHO: Jusuf Nurkic, Intl.

Boston gets #9, #24 for #6.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lmao making up trades

1-7 seems like a lock though. Gordon and Vonleh being interchangeable

Maybe maybe Exum goes to Philly

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Yeah I never understood why bosox tries to predict trades but he does it in NFL too. I guess it's just his way.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i hate predicting trades.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's always Boston he predicts to trade to lol

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
1. CLE: SF A.Wiggins
2. MIL: SF J.Parker
3. PHI: PG D.Exum
4. ORL: C J.Embiid
5. UTA: PF N.Vonleh
6. BOS: SF A.Gordon
7. LAL: PF J.Randle
8. SAC: PG A.Payton
9. CHA: SG G.Harris
10. PHI: SG N.Stauskas
11. DEN: SF D.Saric
12. ORL: PG M.Smart
13. MIN: SF D.McDermott
14. PHO: C J.Nurkic

Gonna do one probably Thursday morning

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
: SF Andrew Wiggins, Kansas
: SF Jabari Parker, Duke
: SG Dante Exum, Int'l
: PF Noah Vonleh, Indiana
: C Joel Embiid, Kansas
: PG Marcus Smart, Oklahoma State
: PF Julius Randle, Kentucky
: SF Aaron Gordon, Arizona
: SG Nik Stauskas, Michigan
: SF Doug McDermott, Creighton
: SF James Young, Kentucky
: PG Elfrid Payton, Louisiana-Lafayette
: SG Gary Harris, Michigan State
: SG Zach LaVine, UCLA
: PF TJ Warren, NC State
: SF Rodney Hood, Duke
: C Adreian Payne, Michigan State
: SF Dario Saric, Int'l
: PG Shabazz Napier, Connecticut
: PG Tyler Ennis, Syracuse
: SG KJ McDaniels, Clemson
: SF Kyle Anderson, UCLA
: C Jusuf Nurkic, Int'l
: SF Glenn Robinson III, Michigan
: PF Cleanthony Early, Wichita State
: C Clint Capela, Int'l
: PF Mitch McGary, Michigan
: SF Jerami Grant, Syracuse
: SG CJ Wilcox, Washington
: C Walter Tavares, Int'l

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I feel like every mock I've seen has the Bulls going Hood and Napier.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Why would the Jazz take Embiid when they don't have access to his medical records? (i think they're one of the teams that doesn't at least)

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
trade value

they might try to offer again to cleveland embiid (now that they have him), burke, and favors for wiggins. part of the reason the jazz deal hasnt been heavily considered is because the cavs wouldnt know if they could get embiid. 

or just general trade value in general; he's still a good asset

Its worth taking the risk over Gordon imo

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think Embiid goes #3. What do the 76ers have to lose with Wiggins and Parker gone?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%