Bobcats get a new logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I fixed it for ya...

Good to hear that it went well for Morrison... Hopefully he can come back strong next season and help the Bobcats continue to progress. In a few years, if Okafor, Morrison, Felton and the rest of these young players can improve alongside Gerald Wallace and Jason Richardson they could be a pretty good team in the Eastern Conference.
Thanx.

I'm hoping that he comes back better.
I like the 'Cats. Hopefully they can have a good season this year.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
went well
not good

grammar errors bother me :p

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CHARLOTTE, N.C., Dec. 4 (AP) -- In need of a big man, the Charlotte Bobcats reached agreement Tuesday on a three-year offer sheet with Cleveland restricted free agent Anderson Varejao, giving the Cavaliers a week to match the deal or lose him.

Financial figures were not available. Varejao's agent, Dan Fegan, could not immediately be reached.
Well I think he may help them a little but they are just too young right now.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He brings tons of energy and intensity to the game. I'm excited to see him on the court again.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He brings tons of energy and intensity to the game. I'm excited to see him on the court again.
Well the Cavs have a week to match it but I doubt they will.
And yea he will help the team but they a couple years away from being a playoff team(prolly like 1 or 2 years away)

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I saw this deal this morning. I like it. Brings a better rebounder to there PF situation. IMO Hermann just doesnt fit there critique. I mean he's good but he fit more in San Antonio rather then Charlotte.

C - Emeka Okafor
PF - Anderson Varejao
SF - Gerald Wallace
SG - Jason Richardson
PG - Raymond Felton

Looks solid on paper.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea well now it turns out the Cavs will match the offer.
Beacon-Journal -
Anderson Varejao soon will be a member of the Cleveland Cavaliers again.

According to a source close to Varejao, he has signed an offer sheet with the Charlotte Bobcats worth $11.3 million over the next two seasons with an option for a third season that could make the deal worth $17.4 million. The Cavs have not received the offer sheet, but team sources said they probably will match the offer on the restricted free agent.

The Bobcats used their $5.3 million mid-level exception to sign Varejao, so that's what the Cavs would pay him this season. Varejao signed the deal Monday in Charlotte and is expected to fly to the Los Angeles headquarters of his agent, Dan Fegan, today.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If Cleveland knows whats good for them they shouldn't sign the offer sheet. He will bring terrible morale into Cleveland and be booed right out of the stadium because of his childish act. Let Charlotte have him so you dont hurt your team.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If Cleveland knows whats good for them they shouldn't sign the offer sheet. He will bring terrible morale into Cleveland and be booed right out of the stadium because of his childish act. Let Charlotte have him so you dont hurt your team.
I agree with that 100%.

.loggie

Reaction score
I don't know why but I can't stand Varejao. I don't think of him as a player worth even near that amount. He doesn't even help the LeBron show.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lol, actully a good sign for the Bobcats, they needed some big men, and they got one. He also matches the intensity that all players bring. Nice sign.

bulls12

Reaction score
Bobcats could use him, I hope he doesn't go back to the Cavs, the Cavs aren't much better with him on the court anyways.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
RealGM Staff Report -
The Cleveland Cavaliers have waived guard/forward Demetris Nichols. He played in three games for Cleveland and scored two points and grabbed one rebound in 14 minutes.

The Cavaliers roster now stands at 14 players.
Looks like they're getting ready to get Varejo.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
3 years 17 mil is RIDICULOUS.

Varejao is bareley worth 10 mil for three years.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Christopher Reina/RealGM -
Earl Boykins, one of the NBA’s most prominent remaining free agents, received a call on Thursday from Charlotte Bobcats ’ head coach Sam Vincent conveying interest in having the nine-year guard join his club. Boykins’ agent Mark Termini confirmed the call to RealGM.

The Bobcats are 6-11 and have lost seven games in row coming into their Saturday night contest versus Cleveland. Boykins would give Charlotte much needed depth at either guard position as he averaged 14.6 points and 4.4 assists last season.

Boykins became an unrestricted free agent on July 1st when he did not exercise his $3 million option for the 2007-2008 season with the Milwaukee Bucks . The Eastern Michigan product averaged 23.2 points per game during an 11-game stretch for Denver when the club was without suspended players Carmelo Anthony and J.R. Smith.

A source says that it is unlikely Boykins would sign for anything below the mid-level exception.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Would be a really good pick up for them, Boykins is a good PG who can score and pass.

But I think other teams could use him more like the Cavs.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Would be a really good pick up for them, Boykins is a good PG who can score and pass.

But I think other teams could use him more like the Cavs.
Thats what I was thinking too.
The 'Cats need more of a BIG man.
I mean either way this would be a great pickup for them.

PinoyBallaZ671

Reaction score
Thats what I was thinking too.
The 'Cats need more of a BIG man.
I mean either way this would be a great pickup for them.
Boykins would be a good pickup by the Bobcats, but the Bobcats already have a fairly balanced amount of guards and big men. Even though, getting Boykins is still a good + for the Bobcats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%