Blue Jays Close To Acquiring Edwin Jackson

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
The White Sox are in serious talks for a deal that would send starter Edwin Jackson and third baseman Mark Teahen to the Blue Jays for reliever Jason Frasor and a prospect, tweets Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports. Rosenthal's colleague Jon Paul Morosi says this deal is close and money could be involved. The rumor was first reported ten hours ago on Twitter by a fellow named Doug Seyller.

The Jays' motivation for renting Jackson for two months and taking on a bad contract in Teahen is unclear, unless the prospect is of high quality. There doesn't appear to be a draft pick angle, as both Jackson and Frasor project as Type Bs. Perhaps Blue Jays GM Alex Anthopoulos is considering flipping Jackson to a contender.

The White Sox were known to be seeking bullpen help, and Frasor has a club option for next year. But maybe Kenny Williams' goal is to shed the $9.7MM left on the contracts of Jackson and Teahen. Sox pitchers John Danks and Gavin Floyd are also on the market, according to Rosenthal. The White Sox are currently 4.5 games out in the AL Central with another game against the Tigers tonight.
MLBTR

Doesn't make too much sense for the Jays TBH. They're not really giving up anything of value but they don't need Edwin Jackson. They don't have a shot at the playoffs.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
10:09am: Joel Sherman of the New York Post tweets that this deal is close but not complete, because the money exchange requires approval and the Jays are trying to spin Jackson to another team. That team may be the Cardinals, based on tweets from Joe Strauss, Jon Heyman, and Sherman. Sherman believes the Cardinals could also get a reliever and Colby Rasmus may be involved, but nothing is official. The Blue Jays have interest in Rasmus, tweets Morosi.
MLBTR

I think if the White Sox know that Rasmus is available they might cut out the Blue Jays from the discussions altogether, I'm sure they'd rather add to E-Jax for Rasmus than to trade him for some bummy reliever and a prospect.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well we could use a better 3rd baseman and another arm in the rotation but I'm not sure what AA is doing here. I guess we'll find out. We've been involved in tons of rumors involving different pitchers for some reason.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Yeah, you guys were going for Wandy Rodriguez before.

You guys are all over the place lol.

Mr.Baller

Reaction score
Is it a done deal ? Cause on tsn they are saying ;

The Blue Jays have dealt reliever Jason Frasor and Zach Stewart to the White Sox in exchange for starting pitcher Edwin Jackson and third-baseman Mark Teahen.

The Jays are reportedly working on a deal to move Jackson and other pieces to the Cardinals for centrefielder Colby Rasmus.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They flipped E-Jax, Dotel, Patterson, Scrabble (Rzep) For Rasmus, Tallett and Miller I believe.

Wow AA is a fuckin genius.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Jays get:
Colby Rasmus
Brian Tallet
Mark Teahen
PJ Walters

Cards get:
Edwin Jackson
Marc Rzepczynski
Octavio Dotel
Corey Patterson

White Sox get:
Jason Fraser
Zach Stewart
Trevor Miller

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Edwin just seems to be one of those guys that's a solid talent but is always involved as trade bait, because a team could get something good for him, and i'd say Jays getting Colby Rasmus is definitely a good addition for them, and Cards are helping out their pitching here. Looks like a good deal for all sides, and I can say I wont miss having to face Jackson in a White Sox uni lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%