Blown call costs me $100. Possible game fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabbath

Reaction score
Did anyone see that Steelers game? Steelers up by 1 return a SD lateral for a touchdown. Thn th play is rviewed and called a touchdown, but then they took the TD away for no reason. This is ridicolous this game was fixed. THe drive before Willi Parker scored a TD to beat the spread but it was called back because of a ridicoulous holding call. OVerall Pittsburgh had 13 penalties called to 1 San Diego penalty. There should b a huge investigation on the officiating crew during this game, because there was no reason to review that play let alone change it. It had no barring on the outcome of the game but instead cost millions of americans hard earned money.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Steelers won the game, how was it fixed.. And that was clearly a hold when Parker scored a TD, even Ray Charles could have seen that.

Sabbath

Reaction score
The Steelers won the game, how was it fixed.. And that was clearly a hold when Parker scored a TD, even Ray Charles could have seen that.
It was fixed because the point sprad was Steelers -4.5 or -5 depending on when you bet. Either of those two touchdowns and the Steelers cover.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why did they take the last TD away?
Did they do this after the they game was over?
Cuz when they challenged it they came back and said TD stands...

Sabbath

Reaction score
Now you see what I'm saying. This is bull<Censored>. Pittsburgh declined the penalty which was for some reason reviewed (can you review a penalty?) and they said the TD stand. Then they came back and just said "the game was over" huh? I was so happy that i somehow won that game and it was called back on honestly somthing that has never happened before.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think the ref said there was an illegal forward pass and said the penalty is declined, resulting in a TD, but after an illegal forward pass the play is blown dead, so I believe that was the reason it was taken away.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Weird.
Sucks for Sabbath.
But we won, so I'm cool.

Sabbath

Reaction score
I think the ref said there was an illegal forward pass and said the penalty is declined, resulting in a TD, but after an illegal forward pass the play is blown dead, so I believe that was the reason it was taken away.
First off, the lateral wasn't forward. It wasn't. Plain and simple. And then they called it a TD resulting in the end of the game. They can't jsut change scores at the end of the game. Why would they change it if it didn't affect the outcome of the game? Why would they create all this controversey. Why didn't they just let the TD stand? I'm telling you now, some refs had some money on this game. 13 penalties to 1 are you kidding me?

And on a side note, how come Chargers didn't jsut let Willie Parker score with a minute left. It would've given them more time with the ball. Unless they thought Reed was going to miss a basically extra point field goal.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
First off, the lateral wasn't forward. It wasn't. Plain and simple. And then they called it a TD resulting in the end of the game. They can't jsut change scores at the end of the game. Why would they change it if it didn't affect the outcome of the game? Why would they create all this controversey. Why didn't they just let the TD stand? I'm telling you now, some refs had some money on this game. 13 penalties to 1 are you kidding me?

And on a side note, how come Chargers didn't jsut let Willie Parker score with a minute left. It would've given them more time with the ball. Unless they thought Reed was going to miss a basically extra point field goal.
There were I think 2 or 3 laterals, so who knows if all were legal, I haven't seen a replay on it. There are a lot of games where teams commit many more penalties, do you expect it to be even every game? Because its not, and if you did not bet on this game, I bet you wouldn't be saying any of this :l

They did let him score but there was an obvious hold, and I guess they just thought they'd have a better chance of blocking a kick or hoping for a miss rather then having to drive down field in very little time for a TD.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Timeout #2 by PIT at 00:05.
1-10-SD 21 :)05) (Shotgun) 17-P.Rivers pass short middle to 21-L.Tomlinson to SD 24 for 3 yards. Lateral to 89-C.Chambers to SD 26 for 2 yards (43-T.Polamalu). FUMBLES (43-T.Polamalu), RECOVERED by PIT-43-T.Polamalu at SD 12. 43-T.Polamalu for 12 yards, TOUCHDOWN. The Replay Assistant challenged the backward pass ruling, and the play was REVERSED. (Shotgun) 17-P.Rivers pass short middle to 21-L.Tomlinson, dead ball declared at SD 26 for 5 yards. PENALTY on SD-21-L.Tomlinson, Illegal Forward Pass, 0 yards, enforced at SD 5.

nfl.com play by play description of the call.

Sabbath

Reaction score
, and if you did not bet on this game, I bet you wouldn't be saying any of this :l
I wouldn't be saying any of it, but it wouldn't change the validity of my points a single bit. The pass interference that led to the Chargers TD was such bogus. Hell 4 or 5 of the penalties they called were bogus. If they were going to call such nuances in the game, then how come San Diego had only one penalty while they flagged Pittsburgh up 13 times. \

And i'm talking about San Diego letting him score on 1st or 2nd down. The odds have to be better on getting a TD in a 1:45 then a kicker missing 30 yard FG.

wade3

The T.O of SI
Reaction score
This is America, where cheaters do infact prosper!

I cannot believe this injustice in sports! Im sure glad Obama is a sports fan and hoefully he can help these problems we have in the sports world about dirty cheating bastards Mainly the Spurs but the others aswell such as the Pats and the reffs.....ect. Yeah the econmy needs fixing but so does sports!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%